Manager of the year

By xmeatballx21 - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I received a phone call from my old boss asking me why I wasn't at work, to which I responded, "Because you fired me yesterday." He didn't say anything, and hung up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 937
You deserved it 3 487

Same thing different taste

Top comments

no, sounds like you just fired yourself.

Show up tomorrow and if he asks why say it's because he hired you.

Comments

no, sounds like you just fired yourself.

You wouldn't go to your job if you knew you were fired the day before. OP isn't to blame, it's the idiot boss. FYL OP.

But what he should have done is play it off. "Why did you miss work?" "Sorry, [excuse]." "Well make sure you're there tomorrow!!" "Ok." Even if they DID eventually find out, the worst they could do would be to fire him.

Did you also happen to be fired via text message?

haha it would have been funny If the boss was like your damn right I fired you.

PurpleRae420 0

24 - or they could Milton OP, office space. except you run the risk of not having a glitch, and have to fight for pay. court. etc. Unless it went like this OP: what are you going to do, fire me? Boss: Yep. OP: leaves. not actually ever officially fired.

zendaddy0 0

he just wanted to hear you say it

24 that would work except usually the boss that is in charge of employees and attendance isnt in charge of writing the checks so the OP would be working for free.

well the boss didnt remember so he could have said he was sick and forgot to call in sick. stupid OP

bigguy123456 2

Op, you should have said "sorry, your loss. Guess you never know what you got until you fire it."

Nice. Your ex-boss seems like a very smart man.

FreebirdIII 1

Oops, forgot to say "just kidding"

maybe the fire text was meant for boss' girlfriend... "I'm sick of you! we're threw! I wish you the best! Take care".

Boss thought. shit... I was drunk yesterday and mad... heard from my gf I tried to break up with her yesterday... maybe I did... can't remember... :panic: :click:

It's spelled "through" in that context. Hope you aren't trying to impress potential employers with your spelling.

If he is that dumb tomorrow walk in and pretend you still work there

You're better off working for someone who isn't an idiot!

Better to work for an idiot with money than a Poor Genius

missL1z 5

In real life, it is always better to have an idiotic boss, trust me. When you start having a real job, you will understand.

No a smart boss who knows what he's doing will always be the better option. I'd rather do it right the first time and unfortunately if you don't know this you might want to get a serious job

a real job??? lol I OWN my own business. So **** off please

Bakery which I make 6 figures a year and I'm also going to school for prelaw. what are you doing with your life? Sitting on your ass and reading fmls all day?

my dads a lawyer. say whattap! better than ur dumb bakery.

but... you are not the lawyer... so, how can you say their bakery is dumb? you sound like an entitled trust fund baby... unless you meant dumb and in mute, then yes it most likely is... as it is a bakery, not a living being...

catrav77 0

That's what I was thinking! Just say "sorry sir!" and get back to work!