Listen up

By disturbedgd - 14/09/2016 11:29 - South Africa

Today, after years of listening to my coworker complaining about everything in her life, including her job, I finally stood up to her and bitched at her for complaining and not doing anything about it. She went to my boss, and now it's in my job description to listen to her when she complains. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 015
You deserved it 1 893

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get skin toned ear plugs, and simply nod your head and make noncommittal noises whenever she starts ranting. It's what I do with my mom, and it works like a charm.

They're doing great things with earplugs these days. And nodding your head like a bobble head keeps your neck nice and loose.

Comments

WHA-WHA-WHAT?! Is she f****** the boss or something? What is your actual job? Are you in a union?

No they are both women and old..and I don't want to imagine that eeejegh. We work at a laboratory in Esoteric Sciences.

I guess that would make finding another job in your field a bit difficult, but you may want to consider that. Or, as the other suggested, ask for a raise since you've been given extra duties

Esoteric studies lab? How would you study Esotericism in a lab?

I said sciences.... Metal poisoning, drugs, down syndrome patients

This seems like a plus. Now when she's bitching you can think "Wow I actually get paid to listen to this shit!"

It would be really....if they paid me more for it than before I was forced to listen...still the same wage.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Tell them since your job description has changed and you're doing more work then you demand a pay raise.

Unless your job is being a therapist I don't think your boss can force you to listen to your coworker complaining.

species4872 19

Just keep replying "Yes I know" to everything she says, It really annoys people someone that just says the same thing over and over. Or when she complains about something complain to her about a similar thing that's happened to you, (doesn't have to be true) Be a little creative, Take control of the conversation, steer it to something that she has no interest in. but maintain your tact, and a respectful attitude so it doesn't come back upon you.

Headphones are a simple answer - Wear them plugged in even if you aren't listening to anything.

That would make me so mad at my boss and that complaining bitch

does your job description include not making sarcastic comments? btw, your boss is savage af

tell your boss you need a raise to deal with all that extra responsibility.

I used to work with a guy like this. He'd always talk about his shitty life. But then... the guy would also listen to talk radio and... talk... to the radio. I'm serious, he'd tell the radio just how he thought about all those damn liberals. It freaked me out.

can we say PROMOTION!! Next step, draft a letter asking for more $$