Life experiences

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I realized that the only things I gained from my Masters programs are more debt and the knowledge that you can use a semicolon in a list. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 185
You deserved it 5 591

Top comments

mshafty 0

NO WAY. You went out and got a bullshit degree with bad job prospects and now can't get a job. Haven't seen this FMY before!!

F**k My Yo-Yo? F**k My Yarn? F**k My Youth? F**k My Yogurt? F**k My Youngster?

Comments

If it took you that many years to understand what a semi-colon is used for, than yeah, you totally deserved it.

IDKWhatHappened 0

@31 You're an idiot; do you see your mistake now?

MermaidSongXOXO 6

Obviously you had your head up your butt and completely ignored your lessons.... They taught also you that semi-colons can be used to link two independent clauses with no connecting words. You deserve it; you missed half of the lesson on semi-colons.

MermaidSongXOXO 6
hoolie06 0

Unless, of course, he already knew that.

MermaidSongXOXO 6

Which, of course, is part of my joke -_-

Where I work, we have master's degrees applying for entry-level, low-paying positions. The ones who do have master's degrees have to do community work and have a pet project. There is not that many jobs to go around. The old farts are not retiring so the good jobs don't ever open up.

spiderman0606 0

Retiring... or dying. Whichever's first.

from my MA i got the certification to prescribe medicine, assist in surgery and do anything else along those lines.

Note OP says "masters programs," not masters degree. Sounds like a bitter student looking for a reason to drop out.

Masters in English? YDI right there, end of story. Oh, and have fun working at McDonald's.

c'mon he could get to Wendy's if he really applies himself

Osakhomen 0

It looks better than just a bachelors..

gotit4cheap 0

should of listen to yo momma and sold drugs instead...

Uzumaki_fml 0

Well look there! You're writing all that in one sentence. Oh... you could do that before you got a degree too.