Late night

By MouseLover.. - 30/09/2016 04:06 - United States

Today, I placed sticky mouse traps in my bedroom. it's now 12:05 a.m. and I've successfully caught a mouse. Too bad I'm scared of them and my husband is passed out asleep. I now get to listen to a mouse squeak all night and have to be up in 4 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 909
You deserved it 6 536

Same thing different taste

Top comments

catwomam 15

So you're just going to let the mouse suffer all night?

askullnamedbilly 33

Uhh... if you're REALLY a mouse lover as your name and choice of trap suggests, you might think about waking your husband up or facing your fears. Mice don't react all that well to stress, especially not hour long fear for their life. You might wake up to a dead mouse because its heart has given out.

Comments

If you want to be a good person, Go get a towel and some baby oil. Cover the mouse in the towel, careful to not get it stuck to calm the mouse. Then pour the baby oil near its feet and rub it in till it becomes free and then you put that mouse outside.

YDI for using such a cruel trapping method. At least the old fashioned mouse traps kill instantly.

Who uses glue traps in this day and age. Get a trap and release or, if you're too chickenshit to deal with that, one that instantly kills the mice. Years ago I had a humane trap, and even though it was unnerving, I waited until morning and took the trap into the park across the street to let the mouse go. Being trapped in a humane trap probably isn't fun for the mouse, but it's probably a lot less terrifying than being stuck on a glue trap. Or you could get a cat. For the most part, they're pretty good at keeping mice away.

You're a terrible human being. I have three cute ass mice. YDI. Sticky traps are literally the cruelest way to catch any animal. Afraid of them or not your a horrible human being.

Any animal carries diseases. I don't understand this as an argument. Just because some of the animal has this disease doesn't mean every one does and in sure they care for their nice and make sure they are healthy. Any pet owner should know their animal can get diseases and some are able to be passed to animals as well. And even if an animal is diseased or anything like that doesn't mean it shouldn't be killed humanely aka not by sticky traps.

Humans carry diseases, doesn't mean you should be allowed to torture everybody who is coughing next to you in the train...

Those traps are inhumane. The least you could do is witness the lengthy, painful death of the mouse as it rips its own limbs off in an effort to escape

WOW! That's also inhumane. I'd drop something heavy on it to put it out of its misery

I'd suggest taking it out yourself. We used a similar trap and the mouse literally tore itself in half trying to get away.

Never before did I hate a FML. OP, you disgust me. If you want to kill, do it quick and painless. You're listening to the sounds of a death-torture you caused and dare to COMPLAIN you can not sleep? No FML ...**** you!

Ok but cows, pigs and chicken have a very sad life before they're murdered for meat. Babies stripped from their mothers before their time. Brutal treatment and such. You know they kill male chicks and stuff hens into cages to lay eggs never to see the sunlight? If you eat meat, you're nothing but a hypocrite. What about the animals we euthanize. Some of those methods are not quick and painless. The animal fears it's death. First we capture them from the wild, stuff them in cages with no love or comfort, then if nobody wants them we take them to die. They would be better off roaming where they at least have a chance. Humans have been ******* up and torturing anything we see as beneath us. Why give two flying ***** about one mouse out of a million? People barely care about each other as it is. Maybe I just watch too many liveleak videos where people die all the time.

404wan 19

What is up with this "we" crap? Have you done any of those things? Because the damn mouse sure didnt.

Really? The vast majority of my beef, eggs, chicken, lamb, pig and goat doesn't come from cages. It comes from local people that I know and trust. They live pretty good lives and have one shitty day. But hey. All us meat eaters are hypocrites.

I'll admit it's pretty fun ripping the wings off of flies and watching them crawl around or ripping their legs off/one wing and watch them struggle. It's also fun to burn them. Put a bug on and envelope and light all 4 corners and watch it crawl to the middle. Or you can take a lighter to their heads and pull it away just as it starts to smoke. Keep doing that until it dies. It's messed up and I know you're supposed to have some empathy for them because you wouldn't like being tortured. But flies rub their hands evilly like they're planning something, not to mention they're considered a symbol of satan. The little bastards deserve it.

404wan 19

This FML really brings out the ****** up psycho's doesnt it?

#55 Are you a psychopath? At the bare minimum, you're an evil mother ******. No one deserves that, not even flies. ******* cruel bastard.

Sticky traps are just awful. It isn't about he end result, it is about the process. I once worked at a shop that used them. For several days I would find the mice screaming, stuck and suffering. Each time I would take them outside and put in a plastic bag and smash them. Swift and efficient. Sure it was weird for me but I think being immersed in toxic glue for hours and hours while I scream in fear and pain while gnawing my legs off is a lot worse.