The blame game

By stupid child - 24/03/2023 10:00

Today, I asked my girlfriend to stop her preschooler from playing in the kitchen when I'm cooking dinner. She bitched about how I'm "controlling and micromanaging". As she did so, he put his hands on the hot oven and screamed in pain. She then shrieked that it was my fault he hurt himself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 100
You deserved it 616

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You need out if that relationship asap man

Now, we don't know the full scope of your relationship from this brief, unhappy snapshot. But, like. It doesn't exactly paint a great picture that she's dismissive of your safety concerns, goes straight to accusations about your character, and then blames you when the easily preventable thing you predicted would happen if not prevented happened. Like, if this wasn't your wake-up call to seriously re-evaluate this relationship, it really, *really* should be.

Comments

You need out if that relationship asap man

Now, we don't know the full scope of your relationship from this brief, unhappy snapshot. But, like. It doesn't exactly paint a great picture that she's dismissive of your safety concerns, goes straight to accusations about your character, and then blames you when the easily preventable thing you predicted would happen if not prevented happened. Like, if this wasn't your wake-up call to seriously re-evaluate this relationship, it really, *really* should be.

was this just a bad day for her, or are you so tired of her shit that you finally decided to post an FML? if it's the latter, then you need to get your finances together ( if need be) and set up a plan to get the hell out. that part isn't always as easy as it sounds. she's not gonna change...

Run , run far away from that narcissist 🤦‍♂️

the kiddo learned their lesson. hopefully you did too and get out of the relationship with an idiot.

I’m a single dad and I know a hell of a lot better than to be anything less than grateful for my girlfriend cooking for me and my kids. And my kids know a hell of a lot better than to touch the stove. And I know a hell of a lot better than to blame my girlfriend if they do. Basically what I’m trying to say is that you are her scapegoat, not her partner. End the madness.

That's some ninja gaslighting right there.

Get out of that fast. If she doesn’t understand safety it’s just a matter of time before somebody gets killed. The kitchen is not a playground.

That's just what being in any relationship is like. Your girlfriend expects you to be able anticipate their needs. There's a multitude of ways you could have prevented this from happening without directly micromanaging. I'm curious how she'll punish you for your negligence that injured her child.

Dude, you're not describing a healthy relationship, you're describing abuse. If that's what your relationship is like, please, go find help--it's *not okay* that your GF treats you like that.