Know it all

By Ishikur - 03/02/2016 13:33 - Canada - Airdrie

Today, I tried to explain autism to my classmates. One of them, a professional cunt who's always looking for an excuse to lecture people, accused me of being "ableist" because my explanations weren't accurate, and said I shouldn't explain things I don't understand. I'm actually autistic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 519
You deserved it 1 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ignore people like that, they love starting fights. If he does it again, say, how would you describe it? And when he's completely off. Correct him on everything :D

"Sometimes, the gap in typical communication skills can cause unwarranted, aggressive reactions—" "SHUT THE **** UP, YOU ABLEIST SHIT!"

Comments

Being on the spectrum myself, I get this a lot as well. Thank god I'm not a people person.

Who like minecraft(in sky's voice) Also since I know people won't get the joke search autism on urban dictionary.

If you knew nobody would get the joke why say it? If everyone has to look up your joke to get it than try some other material.

Autism effects each individual differently, so there's that.

I hope you shut 'em down right then and there. Like if you look right into their eyeballs and say, "Excuse me, Tumblerino? I'm diagnosed as Autistic. Thanks." And then just kept talking.

I hate people like that. I'm also on the autism spectrum and I hate it when people tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I try to explain it to them.

Actually her behavior can also be attributed to someone on the spectrum, which would explain her constantly needing to be right as well as the comment. Also the term "ableist" isn't entirely common. Autism is as different as the individual so you both might be! I'm a nerd herder and I tend to get from 3-7 kids on the autism spectrum each year and they are all very different but there are some threads that run through that can be somewhat "common".

Damn. I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice! Apparently that kid didn't get the message.

I dont know whats better... an autistic person calling a woman "a professional ****" or the fact that the autistic person has a better vocab than myself. I have no idea what "abliest" means.

It basically means using mental handicaps as an excuse to give people a hard time, i.e. calling someone a retard just because you think they're stupid.

Wait, why can't someone with autism call someone a professional c***?

its just the cleverness. the combination of the two words makes a great insult.

I never said a person with autism couldnt come up with a clever insult. are you going to assume I bully and make fun of people with disabilities now?

Fair enough, not making assumptions, was just wondering. :-)

its like being racist, but against the "disabled"

hoosiergirl94 31

How is that ableism if you're trying to educate people on it? That person is an idiot.