Keep it hidden

By doomed - 09/06/2009 01:28 - New Zealand

Today, the girl I'm in love with invited me to stay with her in Europe for 2 weeks, she's even paying for the flights and accommodation. It's because I'm such a special friend to her, and she wants me to come up to meet her fiancé before she gets married. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 974
You deserved it 6 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ouch. Shoulda made a move on her sooner D:

randomdude1234 0

:( I'm sorry man I know what it's like to be close friends with someone your totally in love with.

Comments

Yeah, what a messed up life - you get a free 2 week vacation in Europe. Sorry to hear that.

This is a terrible chick flick waiting to happen.

She's marrying him and you haven't met him yet? FYL.

Grow some balls ASAP & tell her how you feel or you'll lose your chance forever

Like everyone else has been saying, this is totally "Made of Honor" with Patrick Dempsey. Even being a girl, I thought that was a half-terrible movie (the other half had Patrick Dempsey in it.) To everyone whining at the OP about getting a free trip to Europe: I'm sure he'd rather trade that trip for the love of his best friend in a heartbeat. OP, I don't know what to say to you. Good luck, I guess. If I were you, I'd probably stay passively by and watch her get married or what not. v_v But I'm depressively respectful of other people's wishes.

54 (thuryn) is right on. And what's with all of these people saying you can just meet someone in europe and that will solve the problem? If you're really sad about the girl you're in love with getting married soon, it's not likely that you'll enjoy randomly hooking up with a european girl. OP, I'm really sorry, but I hope you can get closure in one way or another.

I totally agree with #34. This isn't some romantic movie, life doesn't work like this. This woman has found someone she hopes to spend the rest of her life with. It might hurt so much to not be that person, but if you say something, you'll either ruin her relationship (though if it was that shakey that a confession ruins it, she's lucky), ruin your friendship or make her resent you for putting her in that kind of situation. I did this once. I was crazy about someone, told him how I felt...and we never spoke again. If you love her, try to get past the hurt and be happy for her. I hope you can find closure, I hope she's happy with her choices, but don't go ruining what you have and get greedy when the window is closed. You had your chance, it's gone now.

NO way.... that sucks... shame, i really feel your pain.. Have you ever told her how you feel??? Like sat her down and told her?? Because if u haven't maybe she doesn't have a clue...... how did u not kno she had a fiance??

baby_love 0

This is straight out of a movie that came out last year "maid of honor"

thats sounds a bit like bs...just cause it happened in like 3 movies so far...but dude...wtf is wrong with you? how the hell can a person know what another one is thinking if u don't express it? like that story when the woman dies, and the guy who was madly in love with her his whole life but didn't have the balls to say it, finds out the woman loved him too through a diary, but she too was afraid to show it too...stupidity