Keep it hidden

By doomed - 09/06/2009 01:28 - New Zealand

Today, the girl I'm in love with invited me to stay with her in Europe for 2 weeks, she's even paying for the flights and accommodation. It's because I'm such a special friend to her, and she wants me to come up to meet her fiancé before she gets married. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 974
You deserved it 6 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ouch. Shoulda made a move on her sooner D:

randomdude1234 0

:( I'm sorry man I know what it's like to be close friends with someone your totally in love with.

Comments

justdesserts 0
thuryn 2

ladidadi: stfu. You're making at LEAST half of that shit up. OP: Not only do you need to tell her, but you need to tell her BEFORE YOU GO. Give her the chance to not spend a ton of money just so that you can be miserable while you're there. You won't enjoy Europe or anything else under those circumstances. The idea that you're going to meet someone else while you're there AND be able to bring that person back with you (or stay there) is so stupid I'm not even going to call it a plan. As for breaking up the marriage, the other guy is not your problem, but SHE deserves to know how you feel before you show up and it really DOES look like you're trying to break them up. If you tell her NOW, you're ethically in the clear, and you don't have to spend the rest of your ******* life asking, "What if?" Oh, and she's not likely to change her mind about her fiance, but you two MIGHT have a good, long conversation, and you'll end up going and enjoying yourself. Very bittersweet, but it's the best outcome that can be reasonably expected.

kaitbaby08 0

Dude. That really sucks. Might as well go on the trip, I mean hey, its free. But honestly, doesnt that sound EXACTLY like the movie "Made of Honor" with Patrick Dempsey? Maybe you should watch that, see what he did to get the girl, and do that. Just my suggestion, but good luck

That sounds just like the movie made of honor with patrick dempsy.

The girl probably thinks you're gay...sorry.

This sounds erily like a mathew macounehey (or however you dpell his name) movie!!

okenter 0

#20 is going to feel bad if this dude turns out to have been Brazilian.... And forget these people who are saying that you should confess, or try to break up the wedding. She may want you to do exactly that, but it's far too late, she should have thought of that months ago; back off and find someone new.

thuryn 2

#59 / okenter: Telling her is not about getting the girl. Telling her at this point is about NOT living a life full of "what if?" She's going to marry the other guy. This is not in dispute. OP: TELL HER. And forget all that movie shit. Hollywood doesn't know CRAP about real life relationships.

duanejames 0

Is he a wealthly scottish nobleman? If so just watch made of honor. Compete in his games meet his family and take his girl. It works.

heyyou1203 0

Free trip to Europe = FML ??? Ok fine, a one way love sucks, but if this is going to eat away at you forever, tell her b4 you go. Maybe she already knows but still just wants to be friends. Otherwise, get over it, stay friends, and enjoy the nude beaches!!