Jump start

By stupidlights - 07/05/2009 03:08 - United States

Today, I left my lights on in my car, which I only realized at lunchtime, so I made sure to turn the lights off, and tried to start it. The battery was dead, so I called my dad to jump start it before I got back from my game. I later came back from the game and the lights were on. He'd left the lights on after jump starting it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 462
You deserved it 6 262

Same thing different taste

Comments

bonafidehustler 0

This is stupid. As others have said, if your lights are on, your battery is not dead, so it's not a FML. Also, after you jump your car, you need to drive it around for a little while to let the battery recharge. Doesn't sound like you did that. So you're lucky your battery wasn't dead again.

#13... I believe the OP specifically said that he did shut them off. and also, he would still have to flip/turn the switch for the lights,therefore turning them off, even if the battery was dead. but it still doesnt make sense, why would the dad turn the lights on??? Either the OP didnt shut them off, or the dad is an idiot.... And for not running the engine to charge it.

#30, you can honestly say you have NEVER forgotten anything in your life? WOW! You're amazing to have a memory like that! or Stop being a judgemental ass-hat that pretends to be perfect. Nobody is. And oops, my first comment was supposed to say that he would still have to flip/ turn the switch, therefore turning off the lights, even if the battery was dead.

Sakeyaki 0

Here's one important question: Why didn't you switch the lights off if it was dead, anyway? It's happened to me. It still works if it's off/dead.

do they automatically turn on or something?

Loe_307 0

And why didn't YOU turn them off when you realized that that's what killed the car?? YDI

does your car not make a sound when the lights are on when you open the door to get out? sucks for you i guess

#19 - you can't read well. an OP - Ha ha - call daddy again ;)

eeee93757 0

So it runs in the family I see.