Jump start

By stupidlights - 07/05/2009 03:08 - United States

Today, I left my lights on in my car, which I only realized at lunchtime, so I made sure to turn the lights off, and tried to start it. The battery was dead, so I called my dad to jump start it before I got back from my game. I later came back from the game and the lights were on. He'd left the lights on after jump starting it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 462
You deserved it 6 262

Same thing different taste

Comments

Umm so the lights were on, so you had power, how is this an FML? Also, it doesn't really make sense. If the battery was completely dead and he just gave you a jump and then left, the battery would still be practically dead and I would assume the lights would kill it again quickly if you didn't run the engine for a bit so that it could charge.

Um, clearly neither you nor your father have any idea how to jump start a car. First of all, if you jump start a car you have to leave it running for a while to recharge the battery, so if your plan was for him to come, jump your car, and then leave it was a dumb plan to begin with. I guess FYL because you were born into such a dumb family and intelligence is hereditary.

Your dad made a special trip to help you out while you enjoyed a 'game'. So, people make mistakes. Big ******* deal. He had only the greatest of intentions. Maybe now you'll consider Tripple A or getting a battery jumper for your trunk.

alexgisforme3 0

lol that is so ******* funny, but kinda sucks too tho if you really wanted that light off lol im sorry :(

AK 2

Obviously you weren't adopted.

js4138 0

Soooo, basically, the lights were still on when you got back, so your battery wasn't dead again yet. What's the big deal?

"I left the lights on in my car" YDI! end of story! your dad shouldn't have to pick up your original slack and somehow cover up the fact that it was your fault.

GMSD213 0

WTF this doesnt even make sense. realized it at lunch and all of the sudden your at some sort of game? YDI for not explaining this in full. Congratulations reading your idiotic FML just pissed me the **** off.

ladiq 0

Lmao @ #31 that's how I felt too.....

He does not deserve it. Designers of the car are to blame. Lights should simply turn off when the engine is turned off. My very very cheap car does that, and works wonders. It is not like you're ever gonna need to have your lights on with your engine off.