Judge not lest you be judged, my friend

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was riding my bike and stopped at a street light. A little girl looked at me, then asked her mother, "Mommy, why does that girl have a ring through her nose?" Her mother then replied, "Because her parents don't love her." FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 010
You deserved it 19 962

Top comments

you should of grunted at her like a bull

liz16 0

hahah well it has always been said piercings make a statement..

Comments

Wow, mom of the year. I feel bad for the kid, but some people will be like that... It's not a big reflection on the OP so I wouldn't worry about it. Also 31, you're being kind of rude. Not EVERYONE views body mods as trashy, they can be seen as art. There is also no need for political commentary here. :|

If it's any consolation, that little girl will grow up to be a filthy tramp due to her over-judgmental and probably overprotective parents.

#31/68: Don't put words in my mouth. I find septum piercings unattractive, but don't think any less of people with them. Get off your high horse. You give elitism a bad name.

ellis_fml 0

What she said was rude but I don't think she actually believes that. I think she was just watching out for her daughter. It's superficial and stupid but our appearance has a huge effect on where we go with our lives. We don't associate affluence and the leaders of tomorrow with ink and nose rings. and just an additional comment for 83 Really, you have too much of a life to care about politics? Really? Honestly? You're an ignorant asshole. Are you too good for economic issues as well? It's people like you that never vote and then bitch about whoever's elected. I supported McCain but I think Obama has the potential to do a damn good job. And you know what, he's our commander in chief for the next 4 years. Get over yourself and show some ******* respect.

#31 is just being honest. I don't agree w/ everything he said and he's sorta trying too hard, but he's talkin facts. And #68 i know you're just pissed at his statements, but ur playing right into the stereotype by being such a bitch

chimmy 0

I'd like to clarify: John Mccain supporter DOES NOT EQUAL uptight conservative, considering he was very liberal for a Republican. (And Republican doesn't equal uptight conservative either.) And even if McCain wasn't, some people can't stomach quasi-socialism, irregardless of the person delivering it. (Yes, that's what class warfare and national healthcare means, don't be naive) I'm so annoyed with all the Obama fanatics who pat themselves on the back for voting for a black man. Its still racism if you vote because of a person's skin color. YOU DON'T VOTE FOR A SKIN COLOR, YOU VOTE FOR PRESIDENT... which SHOULD be based on a candidates's political stances. I get so annoyed with people who use the "I'm so cool, I voted for a black person" line, especially when (for the most part) they have very few black friends. (And yes, I have many close black friends, so don't try the racist bit on me.) But I digress... Basically, I just wish ppl would stop making political references in unrelated fmls because it annoys the hell out of me. Especially because those people usually don't understand that some people actually vote on issues.

intothevoid612 0

As someone with tattoos and piercings I can tell you that it comes with the territory and while that is F***ed up that kind of thing should be expected

balanceMMX 0

well, you definitely deserve that one. whether your parents love you or not, piercings are a popular way of saying "eff you, parents"

Benatron 0

Meh, it happens a lot with my skinny jeans. OR - A african american family will pass me and laugh. That could possibly be an FML.

hey 82, spend more time commenting. seriously tho, why do you have a nose ring? makes you look like a bull. i would HATE you if you were my kid