Judge not lest you be judged, my friend

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was riding my bike and stopped at a street light. A little girl looked at me, then asked her mother, "Mommy, why does that girl have a ring through her nose?" Her mother then replied, "Because her parents don't love her." FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 011
You deserved it 19 962

Top comments

you should of grunted at her like a bull

liz16 0

hahah well it has always been said piercings make a statement..

Comments

#129 i just noticed your post after i made mine. so anyway, all i have to say is, stereotypes are ALWAYS based on truth. that's how each stereotype comes into existence. i'm pretty sure when you walk by a group of gangsters, you won't be thinking those were harmless people. that's stereotyping. or the classic example of 'asians being god at maths'. there is truth in that as most asian languages have a more efficient counting system (lingually speaking) than most latin languages do so basic mathematics is a simpler task for them to do (this shit is scientifically proven). yet, in north america, you find that asians are almost just as likely to suck as maths as everyone else. why? because they probably grew up in north america and can't speak their mother tongue, thereby losing the advantage, hence, becoming a stereotype that's somewhat inaccurate. all i'm saying is, stereotypes are deserving and representative of whoever or whatever the stereotype is about, therefore, the original poster deserves whatever happens to her due to her nose ring.

Boob_fml 6

131: I am simply saying everyone deserves common respect.

I can only imagine what the mother would of said if your tongue was pierced.

TheAwkward0ne 0

I wouldn't worry that much, the lady probably only said that so her daughter wouldn't want one herself. either that, or the lady's a bitch

Why did you get the peircing? Because it's "cool"? To stand out? Well, YDI. You wanted to be noticed/different (or in this case the same as everyone else). You got exactly what you were asking for. Stop complaining. However, I don't think what the mother said was appropriate; but she was probably telling her child that so they don't get into stupid body modifications like nose peircings.

Just curious #83, are you saying that only Christians have beliefs and morals? What does morals have to do with this? I have piercings and tattoos. And I am not trashy and a ****. No one would even think that of me. I'm also not preppy. I used to be very athletic until an illness put an end to that. I'm just a normal person. I was a good student and have been manager for 20 employees. I'm a hard worker and responsible. My piercings don't reflect on the person I am. My parents, friends, and the experiences of my life have influenced me. It's sad to hear a mother say such a lie. This child is going to grow up closed-minded and judgemental, just like her mother. And we don't need that. This is a time for tolerance of others. If the mother doesn't want her child to get a piercing she should just be honeset and say so. I thought honesty was the best policy? Fortunately, there are parents who have no problems with body modifications. My mother paid for my first tattoo as a high school graduation present. Both my parents are always getting me to show people my tattoos. They may not like some of my piercings (labret, nose and tongue) but they respect that fact that I'm an adult and it's my own body. They love me no matter what. Yes, I will agree that if you're going to have body mods, you have to be prepared for comments. But it's still sad that we have to. And to those who have commented that it's trashy and dirty people with body mods are wrong. You have to take care of yourself if you're into tattoos and piercings.

You people have to learn to think on your feet. I would have looked right at her and said 'My parents actually died in a fire, saving my life. Sooo I'm pretty sure they loved me'. Then I would have looked at the girl and said, 'I'm SO sorry your mommy is a liar'. But I'm evil like that.

Damn o.o I would've been like, "Yea, and your little girl is about to become an orphan." y TOMA! kick her in her shit -nods twice-

i dont see how this is an fml... the lady was clearly just saying that to her child so that she didn't have to spend the next month repeating over and over, "no, you can't have a nose ring"