Joyful news!

By AGeeksWife - 12/09/2012 07:03 - United States - Saukville

Today, I learned that I'm expecting twins. A boy and a girl. My husband, upon finding out about this, immediately suggested that we give them Star Wars names. But not Luke and Leia. Oh no. He wants to name them Darth and Vayda. And he is absolutely serious about this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 362
You deserved it 4 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You may as well have a lawyer on retainer for when they both want to change their names on their 18th birthday. Vayda is actually kind of cool. At least he doesn't want Yoda or Jar Jar.

Oh dear. Hope you told him where to shove those suggestions.

Comments

That would be awesome!! I would totally do that!

mattd1734 0

Its pretty sad that someone would want to name their kid after any character in starwars i guess people dont think that what they name their kid can make their life a living hell in school

Just how old are the two of you? He sounds like a complete immature idiot...like the 20 something people out there who want Mario Bro's themed weddings......a word from the wise...just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should! Lol

What does a wedding theme have to do with naming a child? A wedding is a silly ceremony that lasts maybe 30 minutes if you drag it out. Whatever happens, paper is signed, and it's the same as every other marriage, regardless of theme. When you name a child, they're stuck with it for quite some time, until/unless they decide to change it. It's a lot more serious than how you decide to go about the exchanging of words.

I agree weddings have nothing to do with the topic. However since you changed it to the topic of marriage I'd like to point out that you're the immature one. Just because you wouldn't like a Mario themed wedding doesn't make it immature. If the husband and wife to be love Mario or video games and it makes them happy to have a Mario themed wedding then more power to them. If anything they are way more mature than most people like you because 1. They are comfortable with who they are and what they like, 2. They can afford such a wedding so they probably have steady jobs and are contributing members of society, 3. Those kinds of people are less likely to judge others like you. So get off your high horse because I don't care how old you are, you are the immature one. Also Vayda isn't a bad name for a girl, not sure if I think Darth is a good one for a boy though.

Speaking of weddings, and star wars. I want a star wars themed wedding. I'll he Han, she'll of course be Leia. My best man will be Chewie, and during the toast I just want him to yell out like chewy would. Instead of the wedding march, I want the star wars theme played. Cake will look like the Millennium Falcon, and have a little r2-d2 ring bearer.

I actually have a distant cousin, who's name is in fact Thor...his parents were idiots who thought it would be cool since they named their older son Marty

I actually like the names, be fun to sit back and see how many people actually make the connection.

I'm not seeing the problem with these names.....your just not seeing the awesomeness behind them