What's worse?

By Nadaz - 05/04/2012 11:29 - United States - Charlotte

Today, while talking to my girlfriend, the subject of Darth Vader came up. That's when she asked me, "Aren't Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker the same person?" I don't know what's worse, the fact that she asked me that, or the fact that I got upset over her lack of Star Wars knowledge. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 342
You deserved it 13 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yesyesnonono 10

My friends wife didn't know who Chewbacca was. I told him to divorce her.

Comments

yesyesnonono 10
gurly98 13

I don't really care about starwars but I know that they are not the same person

Damn right! Who does she think she is, sith chancellor yoda?

well honestly, neither of those situations are worse. Posting the FML about it is far worse

aaahhhfire21 0

Use the force to convince her she's wrong. And to make u a sammich

*Spoiler Alert* [Maury Povic]: Vader... you are NOT the Father.. [Crowd]: Oohhhhhh... xD

People will come Ray. Oh sorry wrong movie.

All girls should at least have a *little* nerd in them, like seriously

Plenty of us have more nerdiness than some guys. This isn't necessarily a guy girl thing. It's a lack of knowledge about an awesome series (4-6) that most people have seen.

You getting upset over it is worse, definitely. I'm a nerd fanatic too, but unless you want to be alone, you need to be able to separate your 2 loves. At least she's making an effort!

22cute 17

I was about to say the same thing! She trusts you enough to ask.

There's no excuse for domestic abuse *scoffs* Why I beg to differ!

I want to like this comment but there are 69 thumbs ups right now and I don't want to ruin that.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
kiran_fml 5

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you've never bothered to watch it.

bertman21 5

I'm surprised too if he's getting upset because stars wars he's likely pretty nerdy.

I'm surprised you don't have a boyfriend when you put your number in your profile and call them bitches before doing so. Oh and if you do have a boyfriend, he likes Star Wars and you should break up with him.

Birdie_Sage 0

Star wars is like twilight... For the old people. Avatar is sooo 21st century, dudes!!!

lovepandorasaver 11

I love Star Wars and my girlfriend does to. I even made a Mandalorian helmet to impress her. Let's just say...she has a Boba Fetish. :)

Star wars is quite possibly the greatest series out there. A classic. And you are probably just being a judgmental little troll because you haven't taken the time to watch it because it wouldn't be "cool". Ps. My boyfriend and I love star wars and we have happily been together three years.

eatdemcupcakes 4

Since you're a girl, if you like star wars you have a better chance at getting a boyfriend. I shows that 1)you're not a stuck up bitch and 2)you aren't a stuck up bitch.....did I say that it shows you aren't a stuck up bitch yet?

you are quite possibly the dumbest person I have seen on this site for a while (including the people in the FMLs) its a great series with a deep plot my favorite part is how palpatine is the leader of both sides and started the war so he can control everything

25 just because you don't like or haven't even watched star wars doesn't make OP a nerd. It just makes you prejudice, there really good films.

I didnt know about star wars when I tarted dating my boyfriend and he's a huge star wars fanatic. Watched it the second week we were together and I love it. Just give it a chance. Plus nerds are the best guys.

chels1994 11

You realize how many people love that movie, right? Also, I don't see the problems with nerds. Base your judgements on personality, not labels. I personally am no fan of star wars, but I wouldn't refuse to date someone who enjoys it and I don't understand who would something like that.

25 - don't insult nerds BRO. unless you want a paycut when i'm your boss down the road.

3- Judging by your name and comment if say you couldn't be much older than 12.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore..... On second thought #3 gtfo!!!!! May you never know the joys of having a frigging awesome nerdy man. I curse thee.

wow. 3, you are definitely the dumbest person i have seen on FML. Stop acting so full of yourself! and no wonder you're single, you're shallow. Its like me not going out with my boyfriend because he loves hot dogs and I like burgers..

yoderm 1

Why don't you take the time to actually watch them. 4,5,6 are the better ones. But since they might be a little old for you

I think she has her number listed just so we can all text her and express how great Star Wars is!

You can't legitimately say something like that until you've actually watched the movies. Besides, The Empire Strikes Back is one of the greatest films in the history of cinema.

Priscilla43 2

I don't even know what the **** skywalker is??! OPs stupid!!

I totally agree with you starwars was made by A genius so it is genius

pfff...@45, i love star wars but it doesn't stand a chance against lord of the rings...:p

Lmfao at little 15 year olds trying to insult people. By the way it's *you, *because, and *you. Also since you are stupid enough to put your number on FML, if you ever see a white windowless van please make sure to jump in.

......how can you not like star wars? It honestly does not make sense to me.

I find your lack of faith disturbing. Not that you'd get that reference because YOU DON'T LIKE STAR WARS!

devourerofbooks 10

45- you are amazing. Your boyfriend is pretty lucky.

How about we analyse your profile and why you don't have a boyfriend... 1) I like to dance, and dance with anyone!!! Are you sure 'dance' isn't secret for 'have sex' ?? Have some dignity. 2) you call yourself hot, when your not. Worst kind of vain! 3) you put your number so anybody can text you. Crying out for attention maybe?

So liking Star Wars makes you undesirable? Of all the shallow bitches...

You're just a superficial fifteen year old girl. Like seriously, that's an asshole comment. You should probably learn to type too.

LilliPage 17

@70 I'm a girl and I haven't seen star wars. I'm not a stuck up bitch, either. The only reason I haven't seen it is simply because I find it difficult to watch older movies. They just don't seem to be able to keep my attention.

bizarre_ftw 21

88 - that guy was being sarcastic

I'll be surprised if you don't die alone with that attitude.

Girls who do not like Star Wars aren't really girls.

Your probably jealous of us "nerds"cause yout getting nowhere with uoir sorry life except on the street

And what’s wrong with liking Star Wars? If you’ve seen the movies (which I doubt, because a comment of that nature would only come from a person who judges other people who enjoy those kind of movies without actually watching the movies for themselves) and you didn’t like them, that’s fine, but don’t be a judgmental **** towards someone that does and question his love life because of his interest. And one more thing, take your phone number off of your profile, that’s how you attract unwanted attention, unless you put it there because you want that attention.

My friends wife didn't know who Chewbacca was. I told him to divorce her.

I was joking of course when I told him to divorce her, but it's still pretty sad. she thought Chewbacca was a "monkey thing".

Birdie_Sage 0

Chewbacca... I love him! The only thing that made Star wars worth watching was him!

I totally met Peter Meyhue (Chewbacca) a few years ago at a convention my family and I work at. He is a really nice guy! :)

SarahSunshine19 2

Hey number 44, please stop talking! All your comments are f**king stupid and are far from funny.

Well OP you wanted a gf didn't you? I'm guessing she's gotta be somewhat attractive to not know anything about Star Wars. And seriously, what's more important, Star Wars or getting laid? Doesn't take the force to figure that one out...

It's cool I'd be somewhat annoyed too and I'm not even a star wars fan. It's kinda common knowledge IMO.

Yeah, I agree. I have never watched the movies, yet I know the difference between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader any day. Aren't they related?

Hey, she might know more than you think; she might have confused Luke with Anakin, and Darth Vader's real name is after all Anakin Skywalker. (Sorry if I spelled Anakin wrong)

Even if she isn't a Star Wars fan, she should AT LEAST know one of the most famous lines: "Luke, I am your father."

littletinyME 5

Finally someone actually knows one of the most famous lines in Star Wars. It's not that difficult to remember.

^MAURY MAURY MAURY....Darth Vader you are the father. *the audience goes wild* :)

ManUrLifeSucks 1

"these are not the droids you're looking for"

KiddNYC1O 20

Doesn't matter if 7 quoted correctly or not. The point is the girlfriend should be able to catch the correlation...

Correction, the actual line is "No, Luke, I am your father." followed by a very cheesy (sorry its true) "noo!!! Noooooo!" from Luke.

littletinyME 5

No, the line is "No, I am your father!"

kiran_fml 5

Time for a movie marathon with her :)

Why are you upset? Its like common for a girl not to know when it comes to star wars, you realy have to look if you want this not to happend.. :)

Um no, I'm a girl and know this fact. The series is a classic and has a target audience of both genders.

I have to dust off the old Idiot-English Translation Engine for this one. *whirr* *bzzz* *click* *DING!* "Why are you upset? It's quite common for women not to know about Star Wars. You really have to look for that rare girl who DOES like Star Wars to prevent this from happening. I typed this while high on shrooms, hanging upside down on the monkey bars!" You're welcome.

Thank you very much for the translation doc it was very helpful in trying to understand the idiotic words of a stoner

SarahSunshine19 2

I'm a girl and I have loved Star Wars even before I met my boyfriend. And he loves it too. And at least 2x a year we have a Star Wars marathon. And a date night for us was going to go see Star Wars 3D.

dixiefoxx 22

Yeah, romance movies are really boring unless they have a lot of action. Like fighting and stuff :)

bizarre_ftw 21

You don't have to look that far where I come from, I'm considered strange for not liking it (sorry, I watched it multiple times when I was little because my nan loves it and it just never made sense to me nor was interesting) My school has a manga/anime club, & magazine, a scifi club, is reference happy, and people have come to school dressed as the doctor, the local college has a steampunk and anime con, and one can wander around town in cat ears, a corset, fish nets, and combat boots and not attract a single double-take (at least not because their outfit is unusual anyway) The world isn't run by "popularity" anymore, sometimes I wonder if it ever was, so stop acting like it is

Probably the fact that you got upset over star wars is the bigger deal... Maybe your girl was just pushing your buttons