It takes two to tango

By Anonymous - 12/09/2022 06:00

Today, my wife is blaming me for us having to abort our baby because the amnio showed it would have severe disabilities. I supported her every decision, but apparently me agreeing with her was actually me not wanting to fight harder for our baby to live, hence, it’s all my fault. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 150
You deserved it 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I pity your wife. It seems obvious that the situation is difficult for her and she needs to find someone to blame it on. You both need support. Seek a therapist quickly. A real one. Someone trained to help.

I’m so sorry. It’s such an awful situation x

Comments

I’m so sorry. It’s such an awful situation x

Reminds me of the origin of the wendigo myth. Basically people became cannibals to survive but couldn't deal with what they had done so it was easier to believe that they had become infected and had become wendigo and weren't to blame for an awful situation.

Nikki 16

How does this remind you of that?

I pity your wife. It seems obvious that the situation is difficult for her and she needs to find someone to blame it on. You both need support. Seek a therapist quickly. A real one. Someone trained to help.

Madchick14 11

couldn't agree more. Both of them will be grieving the loss and both of them are dealing with it differently.

I thought she'd blame you for having ******-up DNA that produced a non-viable fetus. It's probably from doing too many drugs or masturbating. That's a much more rational explanation.

she's grieving and hormonal. I know you are too and it's not fair what she's putting you through, but stick by her on this difficult time. she will come back to her senses. she may need medical intervention

I am sorry for the loss for both of you. When difficult decisions have to be taken sometimes it seems easier to blame someone else for the decision than to accept your own part of the decision process. By the way, it is possible that in relaying the news after it was all over wife confided in her parents or friends and when doing that, in the version she told, the decision was more your decision than hers. And now she’s convinced herself that was the case rather than take responsibility for the decision. Your wife and you just went through a gut wrenching situation that no one ever wants to be in. There was no good choice - just the choice between two very difficult things. Everyone tends to second guess their decisions. I suggest that the two of you really need some professional (not religious) counseling after this. By the way, the two of you seem to have made the responsible and difficult decision. I would probably have made the same decision based on what you said, and it would have been an awful process to go through.

Sorry for your loss, OP. Her hormones are probably completely out of whack right now, and you're the closest person to her, so she's going to take it out on you. I wouldn't start a fight, because she may very well not be in the right state of mind. Had you disagreed with her, I'm sure she'd be mad about that as well due to the pregnancy hormones.