It's on me

By doubledown - 04/06/2009 04:52 - United States

Today, I went to the bar I go to every week. My favorite bartender told me I owed $50 for a tab because the waiter screwed up and undercharged me. The tab was from when my friends bought me drinks to cheer me up because my girlfriend moved away. I ended up paying for my own drinks, plus theirs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 429
You deserved it 3 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

desmaddin 5

That really sucks. But why do you have to pay if it is the waiter's fault?

$50 is a big amount to be undercharged. Something smells fishy. Have him prove it.

Comments

(cant edit so I will put this here) Imagine other businesses changing the price of their products after you bought them and then they demand you pay the difference in price... The drinks were bought at a price and that was final. If there was a problem it should have been brought up before the drinks were consumed. Money was given, drinks were given, transaction done.

Aww... that really sucks.the waiter should have given you a discount for messing up.

Aww sucks. But maybe this gets you feeling down, then you go out with your friends and they try to cheer you up... just make sure they DO pay for it this time.

$50 is a big amount to be undercharged. Something smells fishy. Have him prove it.

epicfailurezzz 0

Well look at the bright side..... shit

CourtneyDanielle_fml 9

I wouldn't have paid it, its not your fault.

That is very unprofessional of the bar, if a waiter messes up with the bill, they should let it go, not ask the customer some time later to settle it. That was the bars fault, they should have let it go. Sorry about that.

miseldemhearts 0
skateplus060294 0

use the restroom and slowly sneak out lol

What's 50 bucks for your bar bartender?:)