It's on me

By doubledown - 04/06/2009 04:52 - United States

Today, I went to the bar I go to every week. My favorite bartender told me I owed $50 for a tab because the waiter screwed up and undercharged me. The tab was from when my friends bought me drinks to cheer me up because my girlfriend moved away. I ended up paying for my own drinks, plus theirs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 429
You deserved it 3 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

desmaddin 5

That really sucks. But why do you have to pay if it is the waiter's fault?

$50 is a big amount to be undercharged. Something smells fishy. Have him prove it.

Comments

wiggy 0

I agree with #3 because it's nothing major everyone has had that happen to them some time or another.

Apparently you know nothing of the law. You can't pay for those dues because paying for them last time was the agreement. You should have the reciet to prove it

kel_riv 0

in situations like that there's so much you could say... (deny deny deny) "no i'm pretty sure we were charged properly. the bill was exactly what we estimated it should have been. it must have been a miscalculation on your part." (guilt trip) "i can't afford that right now. besides, my friends were paying since i just got dumped so it isn't even my tab." (legal) "we were sold those drinks at the price we payed. you legally can't charge me more now." (the valued customer) "it's not like i don't give you guys enough business as it is; i don't exactly appreciate you trying to rip me off." after refusing to pay the $50, you don't tip for your drinks, then never go back to that bar.

ilikeu12 0

Your life is f***** up man. F***

Psh I wouldn't have paid. Its the bartenders fault for not doing the tab right.

By law you dont have to pay. if the business made a mistake, then you dont have to held accountable, the waiter does. It should have been taken out of her pay.

Polionixon 2

u know whats lame you guys telling him the waiter should pay. Yes, the waiter did forget to tell him about the tab.. butnot everyone is perfect we make mistakes. He bought the drinks or his friend did so one of them should have to pay... waiters get paid shitty as it is. 50dollars out of their check is a lot especially if they have bills and mouths to feed.

That sucks...I don't think my favorite bartender would ever charge me haha, I think he'd just let it slide...he actually already has multiple times. But maybe your bar is more professional?

Don't pay it's not your fault THEY made a mistake.