It's on me

By doubledown - 04/06/2009 04:52 - United States

Today, I went to the bar I go to every week. My favorite bartender told me I owed $50 for a tab because the waiter screwed up and undercharged me. The tab was from when my friends bought me drinks to cheer me up because my girlfriend moved away. I ended up paying for my own drinks, plus theirs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 429
You deserved it 3 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

desmaddin 5

That really sucks. But why do you have to pay if it is the waiter's fault?

$50 is a big amount to be undercharged. Something smells fishy. Have him prove it.

Comments

Yea, I also agree that they can't do that. THEY screwed up, so they need to suck it up. If you hadn't been a regular customer and never returned to that bar they'd never see the money. You shouldn't suffer because you ARE a regular customer. But mostly, once you have left the bar, if they screwed up it's their screwup. You shouldn't have payed them.

vt_mruhlin 0

#6, wouldn't be my favorite bartender after something like that

Wow u have lousy friends, ditch them & get some new, reliable friends! FYL for havin dumb friends

Googly 5

#9. That bartender is a prick for asking for that. Their mistake should come our of their wages.

benkempo 0

Not an FML, just a dumbass, either you paid it, which would make you an idiot, or it's fake

The general consensus here is correct, as soon as you are handed the bill, legally the price is final. If this is real, stop going to that bar.

moonlit_manga 0

You said "was" meaning past-tense. So that's was a while ago get over it. Jeeze.... --fox

Kristoffer 35

I call bullshit. If it was the waiter's error, you shouldn't have to pay at a later date. Or even a subsequent visit the same day. I can see if it was an error they caught before you left the place, but once the bill is settled and you walk out the door, the restaurant or bar has to eat any shortage.

You deserved it for being a ******* idiot and actually paying. If you accidentally gave the waiter a $100 tip and then the next day went and asked for it back, telling him it was a mistake and you meant to give him $10, would he give it back to you? Think about things before you blindly do them, retard.