It's not what you think

By gooddeedgonebad - 26/05/2013 09:19 - Australia - Upper Swan

Today, I helped an elderly woman carry her suitcase down a flight of stairs. When I got to the bottom, a man tackled me to the ground thinking I was stealing the woman's luggage. As I lay in pain, he ran up the stairs to return the suitcase and the poor woman had to carry it down on her own. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 037
You deserved it 3 232

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't even attempt to help her cross the road then. You may not live through the experience.

Comments

That didn't pan out...and what about the elevator? Was it out of service?

blink831forever 13

So........at no point in time did this elderly woman think to say something like...........Hey! Don't do that she's actually helping me with her luggage. And if you were "stealing" her luggage, wouldn't you be running away with it or something? And who actually steals people luggages?

Me, too, 58! That sounded exciting!

In todays society it's not unusual for people to steal from the elderly. In a way it's good he tackled you, at least he cared. Fhl and fyl.

.......Why didn't the woman explain that you were helping her move it DOWN?

It'd be funny if the guy who tackled you came on here and tells his story

threer 30

You seem like a great person, OP. The last thing you said was about the old woman and not yourself.

its weird to me that she didnt walk along your side but stood at the top the entire time, watching you move?

I hate it when nosy fuckwits get involved in situations they have no business being involved in.

I'm so confused by this whole situation. How did the man know the luggage wasn't yours? How did he come to the conclusion that you were stealing it rather than the far more likely conclusion that you were assisting the woman with it? If he thought you were stealing someone's belongings, why didn't he call the police after he returned the luggage to the woman? Certainly you would have mentioned in your post if the cops got involved in any way. Why did neither of you at any point explain to the man that you weren't stealing, but helping her carry it down the stairs? I figure you didn't, otherwise she wouldn't have had to carry it down the stairs by herself.