The road to hell

By notgoodwitholdpeople - 23/05/2014 16:00 - Singapore - Singapore

Today, an old lady fell in the street, and I rushed to help her. As I tried to help her to her feet, she started screaming, "She pushed me! She pushed me!" I froze up in shock, and ended up being chased by some guy who thought I'd attacked her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 838
You deserved it 3 113

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Haven't you learned from this site to never trust an old person?

Comments

I don't think that really matters when you have a guy who didn't see her fall chasing after you.

Never said I was right, just possible.

That sucks, OP. Old people can be pretty ornery.

Am i wrong for kind of wishing OP did push her afterwards? Yeah it's mean, but so is the old lady. Might teach her not to do those things to people who just want to her.

schhichick 14

is this by any chance the old lady from madagascar?

Old people can say the darnedest things

bleedingglitter 24

I was going to say evil but your word choice is probably more popular.

Sometimes old people suck... At least you were trying to be helpful. :/

Damn, I had that exact same thought!

cartoonboy 26

Probably had some sort of dementia and didn't realize she was so full of shit.

I thought the elderly were nice people that gave their grandchildren a shit load of money...

Haven't you learned from this site to never trust an old person?

"Oh, you fell down and broke your hip? I'm sorry I didn't help, a satire website had stories about particular people that were horrible, so I decided to generalise all old people." You sound ridiculous #9.

13, if she had done that, she wouldn't have been in this situation.

If the woman fell down and was hurt badly... And OP didn't "trust" her, she could've been seriously hurt, with prolonged pain.

Ali_Br_fml 33

But here in America, when you try to help someone, they sue you for injuries they got while being saved from death, or lie on you. I was usually quick to help, but when someone turned around and tried to make money off of my cousin because he hurt them while trying to save their life (if he wasn't there, the person would have been dead) I became more hesitant. If I'm going to go out of my way to help you, and you sue or lie on me, I don't see the point. If I don't get involved, I can't be held accountable for you, and you can't sue me, but you die, or I help you, you live, but you sue me... I don't see how getting sued or lied on benefits me, so I'd be the one calling 911, then walking away so I don't get stuck in court trying to justify saving some stranger's life while being on the verge of losing the roof over my head because I'm unable to make rent, because I saved someone's life and they sued me. Plus, I may do more harm than good if I tried.

actually theres a good samaritan law. ex: you do cpr n break someones rib, they cant touch you bc you were ultimately saving a life.

91hayek 31

#35 may be cynical, and I try to help where I can, but I agree with her in the case of drunk unstable girls. If you don't know where they came from, and don't know how they got hurt or why they are crying, guys, get a third party. I had an experience where I thank God that I had a friend one night trying to help a drunk friend of a friend. Long story short she cried sexual assault on us and two other guys that night. We had just walked her home, nothing more, but it was our word against hers. In the end we were vindicated but it was still scary as hell and some people don't look at us the same. ALWAYS HAVE A THIRD PARTY PRESENT GUYS.

I'm sorry that happened to you 45. It makes me mad when women do that considering there are millions of other women who sexually assaulted and her actions are one of the many reasons many victims don't come forward and report.

Sometimes I wonder if they do stuff like this for entertainment..

well some of them are a few years away from kicking the bucket, so they might as well do some crazy things before it happens.

Unbweavable 17

That's why I just watch and record

That's really not a statement that should be used with a holier-than-thou attitude.

It was kind of you to step in and help, I hope you got the story all cleared up after OP

Better that, than the old woman falling down and breaking bones and falling unconscious. Looks like she was alright!