Mind your own business

By Anonymous - 20/06/2013 00:13 - United States - Lees Summit

Today, I was at the airport when I saw a woman drop her bags and run to her husband. Thinking that someone might steal them, I picked up her bags and brought them over to her. She thanked me by slapping me, calling me a bitch and calling security. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 564
You deserved it 5 911

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Any nice deed that is done now is seen as a crime...it's so sad.

Comments

Dusty_Busters 15

Honestly, I think op deserved it. He or she probably ruined that couples reunion, and the woman could have had a surprise in the bags that she dropped, and might have asked the husband to pick them up. Yeah, maybe that's my romantic side talking, but on the practical note, I'd be really annoyed if someone I didn't even know handled my luggage and ruined a meeting with someone I cared about. Maybe that makes me a jerk. Oh well. =)

#39- It doesn't make you a jerk, it makes you an idiot. Unattended bags tend to cause problems in airports, and some people are far too self absorbed to see when someone is actually doing them a favour; obviously you're one of those people, airport safety and security is far more important than your 'romantic reunions'. FYL OP, it's a shame people like this actually exist, she didn't deserve your help.

Cause you know, it's so romantic when your shit gets stolen or airport security thinks it's an unattended bomb.

jman26 11

I would only imagine if airport security thought it was a bomb and tackled her to the ground. Lol

The woman was trying to put some distance between herself and the bomb.

49 - Lol. You make assumptions about me based on an opinion I have? Can't you see it from any other way? Maybe her husband is in the military, she hasn't seen him in forever, breaks down emotionally. Now, before you call me an idiot again, I'm just giving a scenario, not saying this actually happened. Yeah, the woman acted extremely, but again, would you feel comfortable with some random stranger handling your luggage? If you can say yes to that question, have fun in life. And yes, this will get downvoted, but I don't care and would rather have my opinion heard. (btw when I made that last comment, I had woken up at 6 in the morning with an ungodly headache, so I probably sounded snappy.)

jramirez16 9

#82 OP only took the luggage to its owner, he/she didn't go through it or anything so yes that would be stupid to get upset at!! Talk about seeing the glass half empty!!

#82 typically when you go to airports people you don't know are handling the luggage. The people who take them and weigh them, the people that put it on and off the plane.

some people just can't accept a nice deed.

The woman didn't realize how nice a deed it was; leaving bags unattended can lead to some uncomfortable time with airport security. That would have been justice.

JFloUnknown 24

She slapped her and called her a bitch because there was a bomb in the bag and she foiled her terrorist attack. I can understand her anger.

That's the point when you bitch her out for being unappreciative for your kindness.

Any nice deed that is done now is seen as a crime...it's so sad.

I wholeheartedly agree that from OP's perspective it was unjust, but I would not have been 100% comfortable if someone did that for me. Sure I'd probably have been slightly grateful but by the same token it might've been slightly suspicious. Good deeds can't be THAT rare, though. Can they?

No good deed goes unpunished these days.

Sometimes being a good samaritan doesn't turn out well. But don't let that get you down OP. there are many people out there who accept the kindness of strangers.

Soniye 14

Why is it that all the Good Samaritan's keep getting harassed ?! Has anyone learned NOTHING from these FML posts ?! Lol

actually most of the time you do get thanked, but it wouldn't really be a fml post then

graceinsheepwear 33

Should have minded your own business. Or watched over het bags from afar.

Why are you being downvoted? Touching other people's bags is a huge no no in airports. They instruct you to call security if anyone touches your bags

And this is why I choose to be a complete ass to people. Whenever you do good people treat you like crap.

Why do bad things have to happen to good people

Because bad people take advantage of good people.

Chelsea_bella 20

Because god doesn't give a shit about anyone

14 don't mistake kindness for weakness.

kaitlynnn95 10

She should have known you weren't stealing them by bringing them to her. She needs to calm her ****.

Some people deserve to be called a bitch. Found my cousin had been sleeping with my boyfriend. She got offended I called her a slutty bitch.

acerredrum 23

I like to think they are both slutty bitches. Birds of a feather and all that.