It's better than nothing, I suppose

By thatonekid - 06/05/2009 22:04 - United States

Today, my dad texted me, "I love u." I replied, "I love you too dad... are you drunk?" He answers back, "Of course I am..." My dad only tells me he loves me when he's drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 021
You deserved it 5 178

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shrtpixy 0

People usually tells the truth when intoxicated.......USUALLY! so don't take it hard.

Comments

cute_princess 3

that is sooo rude.!! you shoult talk to him so that he tells you he loves you when he is not drunk.. because then you would actually feel loved and not get the feeling that he's drunk.. :)

So what, at least he tell you he loves you. Think about all the other people who can't say that even?

Hey at least he says it to you!!! Only thing my dad has ever said to me was a was a mistake. This was when I was 15 and it was my first time ever talking to him. Neddless to say it was also the last.

couragewolf9001 0

I don't see what the problem is. My father told me that he loved me once, that I can recall, in the past 5 years. I was headed to Iraq. *shrug

alexxaxox 0

aww. like they all said the usly tell the truth when drunkk and stuff. at least he says it to you ever once in awhile and you have a dad. my sister doesnt. well obvs. she does but she doesnt know him never has. he doesnt even know shes alive.

nooneelse 7

Well it doesn't seem too bad for me, well maybe because my dad does the same sometimes...xex...

Ah, don't take it personal. Your father is probably from a generation of men that were taught not to really say that.