It's better than nothing, I suppose

By thatonekid - 06/05/2009 22:04 - United States

Today, my dad texted me, "I love u." I replied, "I love you too dad... are you drunk?" He answers back, "Of course I am..." My dad only tells me he loves me when he's drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 021
You deserved it 5 178

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shrtpixy 0

People usually tells the truth when intoxicated.......USUALLY! so don't take it hard.

Comments

waxstigmata 0
livingdeadgirl 0

Well you know what they say....drunken words are sober thoughts.

Its not an FML, some guys get usually emotional when drunk, and think about what matters most in their lives.. he smsed you. that should mean something to you.

Sounds like my bro He doesn't like me much until he's drunk, then he tries to hug me, it's scary!

you have to wonder what kind of assholes actually click YDI on this kind of thing.

its not a FML cuz at least he says it right? when ur drunk the truth comes out.

thats kind of a creepy relationship y'all have...

wow, that sucks. I feel bad for you... =[

UsingLogic 0

I can't help but think, what if the father had suddenly realized he did not say "I love you" to his children often enough, so he decided to try harder, but when his child replied by "Are you drunk?" he felt stupid or got offended so he replied "yes of course". A lot of people hate it when they try to improve in order to be nicer with other people, but their efforts are only received with sarcasm and anger. OK I don't know if I am really clear but I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about. It's like when you have a fight with your boyfriend/girlfriend (or anybody else actually) who is blaming you for something you did, and then you honestly promise to improve yourself because you want to make him/her happy, but he/she replies "I don't care, do whatever you want". I know if I had been the father I would probably had replied the same thing because I would had been very pissed by this ungrateful reaction. Perhaps he made mistakes, but if he's trying to improve don't knock him down straight away like that!