It's a marathon, not a sprint

By Anonymous - 27/05/2020 02:00

Today, I found out that the last girl from my graduating high school class is engaged to her boyfriend. I'm now the only guy from high school who's still single and I'm not even 30 yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 198
You deserved it 286

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Boo, I’m 55 and never married. It can be boring and lonely, and the sex life sucks. But all your money is yours to spend. Where you live is your choice. The church you attend is your choice. If you wish to have a beer on a Wednesday night, your choice. There are pluses to being single.

I'm sorry for you. Getting married is the only way to find happiness in life. Even if you have to rush to find a mate, you're better off with someone completely wrong for you than being alone.

Comments

I'm sorry for you. Getting married is the only way to find happiness in life. Even if you have to rush to find a mate, you're better off with someone completely wrong for you than being alone.

Truer words were never spoken. I can tell you speak from experience, Mr Pencil. Sorry OP, your life is over. Now, you just have to wait for the next one... and try to be more quick about things the second time around!

Ambrily 27

Whoever has down voted you two, has no idea what sarcasm and irony are and should feel bad.

Boo, I’m 55 and never married. It can be boring and lonely, and the sex life sucks. But all your money is yours to spend. Where you live is your choice. The church you attend is your choice. If you wish to have a beer on a Wednesday night, your choice. There are pluses to being single.

ojoRojo 27

Is your graduating class freakishly small? I feel like it’s not normal for EVERYONE in a graduating class to get married except for one person. I graduated with 285 other people, which isn’t a particularly large class, and I know for a fact they’re not all married.

same. I graduated with 300 and hell if I even know what 90% of them are up to.

ftpallday666 16

It’s okay dude, most of them will get divorced lol. And never compare yourself to others, you are where you’re meant to be, even if it doesn’t feel like it.

Don't worry. You can get in on the second round in about 5 years.

So, **** their lives for being so quick about it ? I mean, not being 30 yet is a good point, not a bad one. It would be a worse news if you were older (given being married seems to be a goal for you, which it shouldn't have to be)

Go for love because of your happiness, not because of trying to keep up with the Joneses

Matthew Irmen 11

Meh, it happens. When you do get married they will all be bitter divorcées. It evens out. Choose wisely and you will be happy