Moving on

By Anonymous - 17/10/2020 23:02 - United States - Pittsburgh

Today, I saw yet another dear friend from uni get married, living the good life in their new home. Here am I in my 30s, with no love life, and feeling like that's never going to be for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 015
You deserved it 251

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just don't lower them so low that you'd date RichardPencil!

slowhandjp 16

Comments

Three words: Lower Your Standards So, ... how's it goin', Sugar ****?

Just don't lower them so low that you'd date RichardPencil!

No! Don't listen to the haters that have kept you down your whole life so far. I'm a "nice guy." Really!

slowhandjp 16

Maybe you like being alone? Maybe you only envy your friends because of "keeping up with the Joneses"? If not, do something about it.

You have no love life? What are you doing about it? Are you practicing good self-care? Are you doing things and going places where you might interact with active and interesting men? How much energy are you devoting to meeting and dating potential partners?

OP I am confused if you are sad that you have no one else in your life or if it’s because you wanted someone to buy you a house and support you. (1) If it’s the first (lonely) then first you have to do an honest self-assessment about why that’s the case. Then work on becoming the person you want to be. Then take part in activities and social situations that create a safe way to meet the kind of person you want to meet. Avoid appearing “desperate” or clingy - That drives people away. Also avoid the “meat markets” like bars or Tinder - that is really desperate. Finally just like you probably want to be valued for the person you are rather than your physical characteristics, look for that in others. (2) If it’s mainly just that you wanted someone to buy you a house and keep you comfortable - In that case I have zero sympathy for you.

Wadlaen 23
Win 9

Sometimes it takes longer to meet the person who complements your personality & lifestyle. It’s not easy to run into someone who connects with you at a deep level. Don’t lose hope. Good luck!

Dating a skill, you just need to do it and up your game.

Get out there and meet people. Volunteer, walk or play sport. Think about what you really want, then work out what it realistic

in a world where its easy to see everyone having fun together really does make it difficult to be a loner