I'm happy for you, but…

By OnlyMee - 09/07/2011 04:32 - United States

Today, at my ex's wedding, I had to listen to his joyful recounting of how he met his bride and how they fell instantly in love and he knew she was perfect for him. All this happened while we were still dating. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 876
You deserved it 9 979

Same thing different taste

Top comments

49, a simple "they're probably friends" would have been suitable.

Comments

violetdabomb 0

Major Rachel Green flashback.

itchy_arse 0

wait so he did d cheating on da OP?

a_nutritionist 10

very good kronk, now get the snack...

free2speak 14

exactly! i wanna know why OP was there in the first place? it's a YDI. it's their wedding, of course they're going to be affectionate to each other.

zendaddy0 0

take the cake and presents an F*CKING RUN

then why would u even go to their wedding if this upsets u? YDI if u ask me

agreed why did op go if she hated both of them?

How would you know? maybe she doesn't.

Sunny_Eclipse 6

More importantly, who invited her? You don't go yo your ex's wedding uninvited.

a_nutritionist 10

i can totally see going to an ex's wedding. ill do it when one of my ex's gets married, because we remain friends and i have no attachment like i would in a romantic relationship. im assuming he thought the OP was in the same place, and thus invited her. honestly, she deserves it for going, knowing that she wasnt at a place where she has moved on. if you were truly over this guy you wouldnt care that he met his wife while you were married - unless he cheated on you and you just found out, which you didnt say - and you should be happy for him.

49, a simple "they're probably friends" would have been suitable.

I think OP is stating that he fell for his bride while cheating on her and it's ironic. Not that she still has feelings.

a_nutritionist 10

yes that does sum up the first part of my point...feel free to condense the rest down for me, because im far too tired to bother with it myself.

Anai08 17

I think where the FML lies here is not that she went to her ex's wedding and listened to how they fell in love (because OP and her ex could still be friends) but that she found out he found someone else while they were still dating. I'm sure OP expect to hear how they fell in love and all that at the wedding, just not that it all happened while she was still in a relationship with the guy.

latinadoll 5

I agree, why in the hell would you go to the wedding? YDI

alright now listen op punch him in the throat then go for the balls he won't need them anyway

I really love how involved everyone is getting in op's life

swift1fan4ever 0
bitchslapped22 14

i wouldnt be friends with someone who cheated on me

It's not his fault for taking another shot a love! It's OP's fault for going.

not really...if this person really is te love of his life he shouldn't care more about his ex's feelings

I think #3 is calling him a douche because the implication here is that he cheated on OP when they were together. Not because he's marrying someone else

Well he's a douche...you should propose a toast and then let them know how they met and 'fell in love' while he was still dating you. Let everyone know how big of a jackass he is...then again...it IS his wedding..might not want to be real mean.

No, the OP should not. It's not like he proposed that toast especially to hurt the OP. He's in love and he's getting married. Although it's douchy how he got together with this person in the first place, it's childish for the OP to go and ruin his wedding. If she can't deal with it, she shouldn't be there anyway.

iluvcandy 7

actually she should've given a toast so the bride can know that he was cheating and one day might end up cheating on her too

She doesn't have to make a toast to let the bride know that? She could tell her when they're alone instead of making a scene at the wedding.

@146: why not? Scenes are fun especially when he deserves it. I mean the other girl doesn't deserve it, but you'd be letting her know what might be in her future. :-/

I would not have gone. :( It would just toy with your emotions, which it did. Sorry OP that you went through that. Hope you will meet your mr right one of these days!

heartbrakej 0
kiaralove53 0

Throw a drink at him and leave. P.S: Why were you there?

a_nutritionist 10

and youd throw your drink at him why? we can assume she knew he was cheating, and bringing it up again like that would only leave people going 'what a bitch'... its over. move on. get out of his life already

a_nutritionist 10

oops, it doesnt say he was cheating. that makes your comment even more pathetic...

nobody said cheating, you moron. Even more so, if he fell in love with another woman while involved with someone else, that is cheating dumbass!!!! cheating does not mean physically alone...

a_nutritionist 10

...i said she was cheating, then i pointed out the error...but im the moron, right ;) actually falling in love with someone is not cheating. pursuing a romantic relationship is. you dont need to be having sex, you do need to have the intent to form some kind of relationship behind the back of your partner. simply falling for someone does not fall under that category. now kindly remove your head out your ass and try to form comments that consist of more than exclamation marks, fallacies and insults.

FYI, you actually said: "She knew he was cheating."

a_nutritionist 10

le sigh. yes, i said HE was cheating. point remains the same, swap the sexes.

dude just as admit that you're wrong and STFU.. and btw 55 comment has more than exclamation marks in it. Dumbass. On another note, OP throwing her drink in his face won't solve anything, because clearly she knew what she was getting herself into. She obviously knew going to the wedding that the woman he was marrying is the woman he met while they were still together. She has no right to be upset about him telling all their friends and family the story. Assuming she went because they stay in touch, and stay friends. Is she still has feelings she shouldn't have gone, and she clearly needs to try to let go and move on.

a_nutritionist 10

im gonna assume you only mentioned exclamation marks because you stop reading the second theres a word you cant comprehend. thatd explain why you think i havent already corrected all of my mistakes in this thread, not that it matters because we both know you stopped reading at the word 'comprehend'.

I don't think you'd wanna waste a perfectly good drink on a perfect asshole. (:

You obviously weren't good in the sack. If only you had practiced with your tongue more, that would have been your wedding.

Sooooo, a relationship only survives on sex? Yea, that sounds legit. *facepalm*

Why did you go? I mean, you could expect being hurt on the day he marries the woman who took in your place. I won't discuss whether he's a douche or not, you simply can't control love. It's sad for you that he fell in love on another one whilst he was dating you, but things like this happen, and it's obvious he loved that other woman more than you. He's happy now, time for you to let this all go.

Sunny_Eclipse 6

Those words were truly inspiring!!

DKjazz 20

Why, what a thoughtful and level-headed comment!