I HATE MUSICALS!

By lesson.learned - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom - Littlehampton

Today, I dragged my boyfriend to see Les Misérables with me. He now refuses to communicate with me through any medium other than singing. Apparently, this is his revenge. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 248
You deserved it 51 257

Top comments

So you're not a Fan-tine of expression through the medium of song? Then why don't Hugo tell him how you really feel about his miserable singing?

perdix 29

Maybe he was just incredibly inspired by the movie. Hint: Don't drag him to any zombie movies. Otherwise, you might lose your mind.

Comments

Well if you "dragged" him there, it doesn't sound like he wanted to see it anyway. YDI.

redmane 21

That's true. In my opinion, he should try to be considerate of her interests (and visa versa) even if he didn't exactly want to see the movie. It's only a couple of hours of his time. Relationships should be a 50/50 effort. Of course, I don't know the other half of their relationship.

redmane 21

yeah but peoples in a relationship tend to have a lot in common. interests, at least. it makes happy relationships. "you know kids, love is like a fart. if you have to force it too much, it's probably just crap."

If he agreed to go, he should suck it up and not be a douche later.

So you're not a Fan-tine of expression through the medium of song? Then why don't Hugo tell him how you really feel about his miserable singing?

But it is like with shopping: You NEVER take a man unwillingly to a musical. Chances are he finds it unbearably banal and tedious, and you will not hear the end of it. Trust me, it's better.

Personally I enjoy musicals. It truly depends on the man and what his interests are.

I never doubted that men do like it, I am just saying that if he is unwilling to go, it is better not to bring him because he'll just moan about the sing song or whatnot.

Is anyone surprised that Anguished liked Les Mis? Good fit, I'd say.

I'm sure OP has friends...you shouldn't force people to do stuff they don't want......that's rape

Werken247 14

It's not rape as long as you yell "SURPRISE!" and throw confetti.

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

I laughed in the theatre at that part during the movie. Am I a horrible person?

I chuckled at the crack when he hit the stone because it was so loud.

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

No you aren't. I laughed pretty hard. Kinda because the sound was so unnecessary, but it the jump 100x better. Too bad I was the only one in the theater who found it funny.

It's your fault for dragging him. So You deserved it

Never take any living being to see Les Misérables as long as it has balls. That includes boyfriends, brothers, guy friends, and Jessica Chastain.

Many men actually like that movie. I personally know many men who do but of course we are all theater people so we appreciate the movie.

Sliim_Shaady 6

I'm a guy and I enjoyed it... But I'm a music person so that's probably why I liked it...

I know a lot of men who liked both the movie and the show. My boyfriend refused to see it so I had to find a girlfriend to go with. Op probably should have done the same.

I liked the one with Liam Neeson as Jean Valjean and Uma Thurman as the mother. He might like it, too: no singing.

XDsmileyDX_fml 24
perdix 29

Maybe he was just incredibly inspired by the movie. Hint: Don't drag him to any zombie movies. Otherwise, you might lose your mind.

I see what you're doing and I'll raise you this: If she takes him to any Films Noirs, she'll never hear the end of it.

probably shouldn't take him to any silent movies either. she will never hear from him again.

Mister_Triangle 21

And forget about those parody movies. They're just awful....that's not a joke, they really suck.

And avoid Westerns. It'll be him and his horse moseying off into the sunset.