I HATE MUSICALS!

By lesson.learned - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom - Littlehampton

Today, I dragged my boyfriend to see Les Misérables with me. He now refuses to communicate with me through any medium other than singing. Apparently, this is his revenge. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 248
You deserved it 51 258

Top comments

So you're not a Fan-tine of expression through the medium of song? Then why don't Hugo tell him how you really feel about his miserable singing?

perdix 29

Maybe he was just incredibly inspired by the movie. Hint: Don't drag him to any zombie movies. Otherwise, you might lose your mind.

Comments

Werken247 14

68 is my favorite number... that's where you do me and I owe you one.

If you don't want him, I'll take him. My dream come true...

aaronire 19

I really don't see a problem here op as you clearly like singing or you wouldn't have went to see les mes

If he didn't want to go, you shouldn't have dragged him along; that's what you have girl friends for. So I would have to say you deserve it OP.

I dreamed a dream the music would finally leave.

"Today, I dragged my boyfriend-" YDI. If he doesn't want to, go watch it with your girlfriends. I, personally, liked it, but then again, I actually liked The Sound Of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and countless other musicals I can't think of at the moment. I even like ballet! He doesn't have to go if he doesn't want to. If it were out of pure laziness, that'd be a different story.

If he didn't want to go, you shouldn't have forced him.

graphicstyle7 17

I told my fiancee he could opt out of Les Mis... he chose to opt out. I went and enjoyed myself, end of story. Point is, he's kinda being a jerk, but you really kind of crammed it down his throat. Talk it out like grown-ups, agree not to pressure him next time, and tell him to get over it.

At least you didn't bring him to a Justin Bieber consert, I would wear ear plugs for some time then!

Nobody should "drag" anyone to anything the other person doesn't want to see. I give you a YDI for doing so.