How could you?

By Anonymous - 29/07/2023 12:00

Today, I told some coworkers I’m dating a new girl. One of my female coworkers then burst into tears. For the rest of the day, women in the office were giving me dirty looks like I broke the poor girl's heart. Um, I asked her out twice, then politely gave up when she rejected me twice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 139
You deserved it 83

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some women like to be chased. They choose to say no, and then they want you to fight for them. Her fault. She said no. Move on. FYL, She deserves it.

nkunzi 4

She’s just being a spoilt princess. Keep it moving

Comments

I'm tempted to vote YDI because there's certiain things you don't disclose to people such as co-workers. Keep your personal business private. The workplace isn't a reality TV show.

Some women like to be chased. They choose to say no, and then they want you to fight for them. Her fault. She said no. Move on. FYL, She deserves it.

Nikki 16

Ah let not spread that narrative, it would be safer to always assume no means no, if the girls wants you to chase her she’s going about it the wrong way

And if women actually play games because they like to be chased, that’s just a way of saying “I choose to deliberately communicate poorly to manipulate people, then get upset when they take my words at face value.” Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Dating changed when I got to the point where I didn’t give a f**k about chasing anyone and if they weren’t initially interested. It was “okay, thanks, no problem, next.” It allowed me to not waste time on women who were certainly not that interested in me, and focus on finding someone who was, and now I’m happily married to that woman.

I fully agree. Never chase a woman! I just said that some women want that chase. Sucks for them - they said no, it's over.

YDI for trying to shit where you eat. Work is just for work, and your mental health will be best served if you keep it that way.

nkunzi 4

She’s just being a spoilt princess. Keep it moving

She's sad because she likes rejecting you.

she's playing a game that you don't know the rules to. then she's manipulating the other girls to play the victim. red flag. she's a drama queen. you dodged a bullet. STA.

some women like to be chased. most of us highly appreciate someone like you that takes no for an answer. FAFO you don't want to mess around with coworkers anyway. what would happen at work if y'all broke up?

Anyone who you aren't already going out with who plays the chase me, chase me game is at best an attention *****, at worst looking to cause you trouble. Best avoided like the clap.