Know this of me…

By thefmlman2011 - 02/09/2023 08:02 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I was going to ask out a girl I work with, only to find out that not only is she in a relationship, she’s also a lesbian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 532
You deserved it 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nikki 16

Asking out a girl you clearly knew nothing about is already a terrible idea but I have to assume there wasn’t even a flirty vibe to begin with, good way to make work uncomfortable for everyone involved!

It sucks to find out all that, sure, but it's better than pining after her, or finding out by asking her out rather than it coming up in conversation. At least you can move on now.

Comments

She's got three strikes: 1) co-worker, 2) in a relationship, and 3) lesbian. Any reasonable man would move on, but if you managed to pull that, you'd be a legend! Get to work!

It sucks to find out all that, sure, but it's better than pining after her, or finding out by asking her out rather than it coming up in conversation. At least you can move on now.

Yeah, that’s it! The romantic feeling has gone towards her, but I see her in the break Room, so I always talk to her.

lalalaila777 24

what's the issue? so what if she's lesbian? the fact that's she's taken is deterrent enough, sexuality coming in to play means your not even on her sexual radar, why is that a fml for YOU? **** her life having to work with a self absorbed individual like yourself. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Nikki 16

Asking out a girl you clearly knew nothing about is already a terrible idea but I have to assume there wasn’t even a flirty vibe to begin with, good way to make work uncomfortable for everyone involved!

I hadn’t asked her out at the time. I did a little research before I did, and that’s how I found she was in a relationship. as far as I know, she doesn’t know I was going to ask her out.