Sneaky but clever

By Sorryfornotbeinggoodenough - 19/02/2022 18:00

Today, I found out that the coworker I’d been crushing on told me he was gay so I wouldn’t hit on him anymore. Turns out he did that so he could focus on wooing a female coworker of mine. They’re now dating. FML
I agree, your life sucks 671
You deserved it 661

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let’s fix that: Today, I finally realized I’d been sexually harassing a coworker, hitting on him so much he lied and said he was gay so I’d go away. FML?

You were making unwanted advances and to get you to stop sexually harassing him he had to lie about being gay. "Sorryfornotbeinggoodenough" You were stomping over their boundaries. This wasn't about you not being enough, this was about you acting predatory.

Comments

You were making unwanted advances and to get you to stop sexually harassing him he had to lie about being gay. "Sorryfornotbeinggoodenough" You were stomping over their boundaries. This wasn't about you not being enough, this was about you acting predatory.

Lying about being gay was nicer than reporting you for sexual harassment. What makes office advances perilous is the "unwanted" part. You're lucky you only got rejected and not fired.

Let’s fix that: Today, I finally realized I’d been sexually harassing a coworker, hitting on him so much he lied and said he was gay so I’d go away. FML?

He’s allowed to like her just like you’re allowed to like him. That’s how things work.

Hello, I’m the OP. Just to clear: I was not making unwanted sexual advances. I was harmlessly flirting. I took what he said at face value and stopped flirting with him. I was completely blindsided when we’re at a company social and I caught them making out and they confirmed their relationship. My heart was torn into pieces because for the longest I wanted him yet he ignored my advances and chose someone else. He admitted to lying so that I would stop flirting because he wanted her and apparently I was getting in the way. He’s just not that into me. Lesson learned. It’s hard but I’m doing my best to move on.

He kept ignoring your advances and you still were persuing him. The ignoring part was the sign that your advances were unwanted. You were sexually harassing him.