Housekeeper

By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 19:45 - United States

Today, I took my parents and 3 sisters to the airport so they could take a trip to Hawaii. I wasn't invited because they don't like my husband. They asked me to watch the dog and water the plants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 008
You deserved it 7 442

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Without knowing all parties, hard to say who is the right. Your family may be intolerant, or husband may be genuinely difficult.

Comments

because_im_bored 0

#1. Stop suggesting to abuse the dog. It is not his fault that all of you psychos think a bruised ego and having a temper tantrum constitutes starving an animal for revenge. It doesn't. #2. In the case the family doesn't like the husband - regardless of whether their dislike is legitimate or not, you can't expect them to invite him along on a trip (also, regardless of whether or not they are paying for you or him - it would still ruin it). It would make what was supposed to be a relaxing, laid-back vacation tense and awkward. Even if he is a nice guy, there is obviously tension for one reason or another, and you probably knew that before you married; did you /expect/ them to invite you along on trips after that? #3. You're grown up. Even if your family shouldn't not like him, they don't. Be an adult, take care of the plants and house like you promised, and go on your own vacation. If you were seriously that butt-hurt, you shouldn't have accepted to take care of their stuff, and should've told them you were angry. But honestly, I see nothing wrong with it, as they are not obligated to take their grown, married daughter on vacation when they don't want the tension with the husband to ruin it.

wow, your family can't accept your husband? That's doesn't sound like a family. Even if he is difficult.

Buy two plane tickets and meet them there. Take the dog.

If you're letting them exclude you -and- get favors from you, that seems like you're letting them take advantage of you. I'm all for turning the other cheek, but there's a difference between that and letting yourself be manipulated. Stand up for yourself! :)

Don't kill the dog, you'll end up arrested for violence to animals or something. Don't kill the plants, you'll get arrested for destruction of property or something. No, what you do is put their house on the market. Oh the hilarity...

Shoulda stood up for yourself. It's a sad situation when someone's own family would exclude them... under any circumstances. Sure, there may be a reason why they don't like him, but bottom line is they're family and should at least be mature enough to go with the flow and be a freakin family.

NoReallyFMyLife 0

I have trouble feeling sympathetic to your situation. You're an adult. If you were so offended by the actions of your family, you wouldn't do anything to facilitate their vacation. Why would you marry someone that your entire family dislikes? This is of course assuming that you love your family and value their opinions (Which I think is true since you wanted to go with them on vacation). Perhaps your husband is that much of an intolerable douche bag. But another point to consider, maybe they just don't like you.

It didn't say '3 sisters and their husbands/boyfriends', maybe they are taking them because they're single.You have your husband to go on holiday with, maybe they don't have anyone... Don't neglect the dog because you are pissed off, it's not the dog's fault you weren't invited.

1. kill the dog 2. get a new husband 3. surprise them in hawaii YAAAY!!! 5. Kick their ass!