Housekeeper

By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 19:45 - United States

Today, I took my parents and 3 sisters to the airport so they could take a trip to Hawaii. I wasn't invited because they don't like my husband. They asked me to watch the dog and water the plants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 008
You deserved it 7 442

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Without knowing all parties, hard to say who is the right. Your family may be intolerant, or husband may be genuinely difficult.

Comments

So go on a vacation with your husband. When I get married, I won't want to go on vacation with my wife's family. And I certainly wouldn't subject my wife to a vacation with my folks.

They should accept him because he is your husband and therefore family. Kill the plants!

shallow narcissistic *****. i dont even know them, thats just what i would be saying in my head, over and over. I dont generally advocate revenge, but it sure as hell would take some strong self discipline to not train the dog to piss on the furniture, kill the plants, and generally wreak havoc on the house.

If the 5 of them don't like him he's probably a dick.

"If the 5 of them don't like him he's probably a dick." Or...the fact that four of them are women who are related to each other. I know that if one person in my family doesn't like one thing about another person, they expect the entire family not to like them. It's called "group think". One person doesn't like them so other family members don't like them and there's no reasoning behind other than Sister or Mom said so. It's like that in my family. I have a Cousin-in-Law that no one seems to like even though she's nice. They don't like her because she's about 7 years younger than my cousin. He's 35 and she's 28.

Why do anything for them at all? It's obviously not a reciprocal relationship. The sooner you cut your ties, the happier you'll be.