House hunting

By ohboy - 06/03/2009 00:51 - United States

Today, I was supposed to see an apartment. Thirty minutes after I was to meet the owner, she still hadn't shown. I called her. When I got no response, I was annoyed and kept calling. Finally, she answered, said, "I'm in the hospital with my father. He just died. Please stop calling me," and hung up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 138
You deserved it 21 490

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IndigoKitty 3

thats not really a fml, how were you supposed to know? most people would do the same if someone didn't show when they were supposed to. Don't feel bad!

chibinezu 0

She was very rude considering you had no idea what had happened and she was still the one breaking her appointment without notification.

Comments

#3 and #9 are very right.... it was rude on her part more than on yours. How were you supposed to know? Awkward situation anyways....

#6 You do not know what you're talking about. Even though the circumstances were horrible, she had a service to provide and could have been a little less rude about explaining the situation. The OP here wasn't to know what had happened, all he knew was that she bailed on his appointment without an explanation.

It's not your fault. She should have let you know she won't be there.

tomuchfreetime23 0

This comment is for #6. Harassment? No, she didn't show up for an appointment, if you showed up to a business meeting and no one else showed would you just call once than sit there and wait? I agree with #2, its more a FHL. You did nothing wrong.

Unless she was a doctor or was somehow directly involved in her father's death, nothing stopped her from calling and canceling the appointment BEFORE it was due. I actually get that kind of stuff very often: someone misses an appointment and use some "sad" excuse for it later. It doesn't matter if your son is ill, your parrot died or whatever: tell me BEFORE the appointment and it is OK... tell me later, and I won't do business with you anymore.

x2...if she would have answered after the first or second time to say, hey this is going on, it would have been avoided. its sad that her father died, but thats bad customer service. OP has no room to feel bad other than sympathy for the deceased.

it's her fault for not calling to tell you the meeting was off

blackfiredudette 0

That's really rude of her, considering she had an appointment with you and didn't consider calling you to let you know she was unavailable. It probably wasn't the best idea to call so many times, but I still think she's to blame.

You're an ass for calling over and over again, if someone doesnt pick up after 2 tries then that should be an indication that person can't or doesn't want to talk to you at that moment! The world doesn't rotate around you.

Maybe the world doesn't revolve around them, but it isn't like they were calling for nothing. They were considering doing business with that person. I would think that anything involving money would make someone want to answer, at least to reschedule.

I had to scroll so much to see that comment! Everyone keeps saying she should have called before or at least answered but what if she was busy calling ambulance and driving to the hospital? I would be preoccupied thinking about my father and an appointment to show my apartment would be last thing on my mind. OP didn't know, yes, but if the owner doesn't take your calls, why would you want such a landlord anyway? Call once or twice and move on.