Hello goodbye

By mydatinglifesucks - 15/06/2014 06:31 - United States

Today, I had a date with a man who works as a psychiatrist. He diagnosed me with borderline personality disorder during dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 846
You deserved it 6 792

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least he didn't charge you, who doesn't love free things?

Comments

Siettadulce 21

That's not cool. If it didn't work out, he was obviously not meant for you. Good luck OP!

Respect101 17

She didn't say it didn't work out. All she said was he diagnosed her.

Siettadulce 21

Okay? I didn't say it didn't work out either. I just said IF it didn't work out that it was okay.

equitationbound 22

I don't know why people are voting this down, I was waiting for that reference!

Diagnosing your date sounds like the only personality disorder to me.

It's all a ploy to see you more often and charge you for the sessions.

One would think as a psychiatrist he would know what is socially acceptable to say during a date. He may turn out to be really nice though, maybe he was just nervous.

You would be surprised at how badly people who help people for a living are bad at dealing with people. Psychiatrists and psychologists are the worst usually, and they cant seem to help diagnosing people when they dont ask for it. People like that arent worth your time really, they only care about trying to prove how smart they are, or how smart they think they are.

He actually may have done you a huge favour. I know it sucks how this date turned out, but BPD is very serious. Maybe book a time with another therapist and start to work it out, I am sure in the future you will thank him.

That's weird... I usually wait till the second date to diagnose people with disorders...