Got talent?

By Anonymous - 21/09/2013 20:56 - United States - Collingswood

Today, I told my mom that I want to try out for a singing competition on TV, so I might be able to kick off my musical career. She convinced me to sing a song for her, so I did. Mid-way through, she lost it, burst into laughter, and told me to stay in school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 949
You deserved it 12 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Better at home with mom rather than on national television or in front of a crowd, and that's what family's for.

Comments

daisiebud 18

Even if you can't sing, that doesn't mean you can't have a career in music! I mean, look at Andy Warhol. He didn't draw or paint hardly at all. You can be a musician, or write music for other people to sing, or there's a chance you're not even that bad.

xslurpyx 17

those comeptitions are only for people who want to be famous for 15 minutes

Try out anyway...just hope you don't become the next Rebecca Black...

I would love it if all mothers were this truthful with their children. We'd have less teen girls trying to be famous and more finishing high school and college.

buttcramp 21

wouldn't you rather just embarrass yourself in front of her instead of a room full of people? lol maybe some lessons and go for it next time! :)

Hey. It's not for everyone. You'll find your talent eventually.

It's not like you need much talent to become a famous musician these days. You just have to be able to dance around half naked on a stage. In all seriousness, if it's your dream, go for it and don't let anyone hold you back. Maybe you're actually a good singer and your mother is jealous or something. XD

If your singing sucks that badly, wouldn't you rather find out from your mother than from judges on TV? She probably saved you a lot of humiliation.

happyfingers 15

Okay, well she definitely could have handled it better but at least it was just your mom and not on national tv, right? If you can't sing, better to find out now. Then again, my brothers always made fun of me when I sang, growing up so I thought I couldn't really sing but my boyfriend loves when I sing. So who knows? Get some more opinions perhaps?