Got talent?

By Anonymous - 21/09/2013 20:56 - United States - Collingswood

Today, I told my mom that I want to try out for a singing competition on TV, so I might be able to kick off my musical career. She convinced me to sing a song for her, so I did. Mid-way through, she lost it, burst into laughter, and told me to stay in school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 949
You deserved it 12 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Better at home with mom rather than on national television or in front of a crowd, and that's what family's for.

Comments

that's better than most mums that tell their kids that they're amazing and then they just get knocked down at the auditions

Be glad you're mom is honest about your "talent". Would you really want her to lie to you, so you end up on YouTube as the worst singer ever????

I don't know if she's right or wrong, but figure it out before you repeat that performance on national TV.

perdix 29

Noooooooo! You've got to try out! The only part of American Idol I watch is Audition Week, and only to see The Horribles. I love to watch delusional idiots make fools of themselves on national TV (unlike me, who does it from the comfort of home or office.)

HighasaCloud 46

Without those kind of people, their ratings would drop immensely.

perdix 29

#55, so, be honest, does your singing really suck and your mom helped you avoid public humiliation? Or did she prevent the world from knowing the next Carry Underwear?

That's 4 NOs from the judges. Unless you're amazingly hot, or are actually mediocre and can come up with a sob story.

Everyone thinks they can sing. That's why you see people freak out on tv when they're told they suck.

bandeek 30

I don't think i can sing. I do it anyway, when I'm alone in my car, but i won't sing for anyone.

At least she was honest and you didn't have to embarrass yourself on TV