Got talent?

By Anonymous - 21/09/2013 20:56 - United States - Collingswood

Today, I told my mom that I want to try out for a singing competition on TV, so I might be able to kick off my musical career. She convinced me to sing a song for her, so I did. Mid-way through, she lost it, burst into laughter, and told me to stay in school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 949
You deserved it 12 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Better at home with mom rather than on national television or in front of a crowd, and that's what family's for.

Comments

Look on the bright side! You might be able to make it into one of the audition episodes xD I mean everyone still remembers William Hung right? ;P

Take her advice, better to be embarrassed in front of family than millions of strangers.

take it from the movie tangled. "mother knows best"

In the hope that you'll create an account and post a follow-up: What song did you sing?

its sometimes a matter of what octave you sing in. For example, try singing Barry White instead of Barry Manilow.

Be grateful your mother was honest, my ma would've lied to me and told me I sang great even though I sounded like a dying walrus.

Much like the people who end up making fools of themselves on TV shows like American Idol and whatnot... XD Better to know that you suck before you embarrass yourself on national TV.

I'm sorry she reacted that way! But... if you think about it, it's probably better that she did that, then tell you that you were great and let you go on to possibly embarrass yourself on tv. That being said, you have a lot of guts to even sing in front of her. Singing used to be my biggest dream, and I was too shy to sing in front of ANYONE! Maybe invest in some singing lessons? If this is truly what you want to do, you can make it happen if you try hard enough :)

*than, for any of those grammar nazis that may read the previous comment and feel obligated to correct my horrible, FILTHY human mistake.

To be fair to us grammar Nazis, studies have shown that "the physiological reactions of individuals who are proud of their education are similar between exposure to obscene words and exposure to bad grammar." So to us, it's the equivalent of swearing.

Its ok OP, not a lot of people can sing. So keep on practicing and remember that practice makes perfect!

Practice does not mean you will suddenly be a good singer.

Go to your local library and take out Ben Elton's book Chart Throb. Trust me, your mother did the right thing.

Go for it anyway. You might get somewhere.