Go away

By xharuki - 29/08/2010 20:37 - United States

Today, I was closing at work when someone came in ten minutes before our closing time at 2 a.m. and placed a huge order. I couldn't turn him away because he's my manager from my other job. He was drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 676
You deserved it 3 526

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As someone who has worked in the food industry, I agree, it sucks to work until 2 am (or later). HOWEVER, if the store closes at 2 am, IT MEANS 2 AM, not 1:45 because the employees are being whiny little bitches. Hell, I have even served people after my restaurant was technically closed in the past because I recognized that good customer service=more repeat business=more hours and more money for me. Plus, what if you were the hungry customer desperately looking for a place to eat at 1:45 am? Wouldn't you be pissed to find the restaurant closed 15 minutes early because some punk ass employee just HAD to get home at EXACTLY 2 am? When you work a closing shift in a restaurant, EXPECT to be there much later than closing time and consider yourself LUCKY if you do get to leave exactly when the restaurant closes. That's how the industry works. Suck it up and do your ******* job or find another one. This is the most pathetic FML I've ever seen.

That sucks but that's your job. No reason to complain.

Comments

MoJoThundRpants 0

not even considered as a FML

Why is it important that "He was drunk"? Does your restaurant have a policy that you must take extra time to prepare food for drunk patrons?

sallen0046 4

Oh, poor you! It's terrible that you have to actually do your job. If the restaurant is open, it's open. It makes absolutely no difference how large an order is. The entire purpose of such an establishment is to provide food for patrons during open hours. Shut the hell up and do your job.

sallen0046 4

You can't report someone for a DUI after the fact, how do you expect anyone to do anything about it? It just makes you look like a gigantic jack ass. The guy was sitting down eating, he wasn't operating a motor vehicle. It's ignorant to even assume he drove there in the first place.

sourgirl101 28

Why are so many people coming down on the OP? In any job, there are people that stroll in last minute. Clothesing stores, grocery stores, office jobs etc....It doesn't matter what your job is. It SUCKS! Yes you deal, but it's still puts a damper on your day. This is why it's an FML.

SeaNDouble 1

How did this get past moderation?!?!? oh FYL you have to work to get paid. Can you imagine how hungry he/she must have been to show up at 1:50 AM for food? and I bet you gave him attitude about it too. BTW: you'd be stupid to not happily give him service, drunk people give HUGE tips!! that is if you make them happy!

FFML_314 11

It got past moderation, because enough people clicked yes to the story. I'm doubting OP gave their manager an attitude. That wouldn't be very smart.

clemcool_fml 0

sooo....ok. I'm the GM at a papa john's and procedure is to have the store clean and ready to walk out of within a half hour of closing. yes, I would absolutely take an order 10 minutes or even 2 minutes before close, and expect the same out of all my managers, but that doesn't make it suck any less. you basically have to re-clean the entire store on top of deposits, final dishes, sweeping, mopping, and food count. you could potentially be there for another hour and a half or more, assuming you don't have any extras like a food order or end of the period paperwork to do. and when you get off at 2 am, that's lonnnngggggg hour and a half, especially if your drunk boss is hanging out making the process go even slower. so sympathy to the op and shut up to the people who don't think she has a right to complain.

Exactly. I don't know what so many people don't understand about this. I work in retail and assholes come in at 7:58 when we close at 8, ask me what time it is, then when I tell them be like "oh, ok!" and continue strolling around like they've still got plenty of time. There's a shit ton of stuff that still needs to be done. It's childish and stupid to think that when the store closes at 8 all the employees just say welp we're done for tonight! And just walk out. Everyone's yelling a op but not thinking about how inconsiderate it is for someone to come in right before close.