Get off your ass

By nepotwatism @ its finest - 23/09/2015 15:05 - Sweden - Halmstad

Today, my boss told me I have to start work 4 hours early tomorrow, because that my coworker, who happens to be his son, will not be coming in because he's "too tired". I work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week without complaining. His son works two 4-hour shifts a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 774
You deserved it 1 825

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you can, put your foot down. Your mental health is just as important as his lazy son's.

Gee, that sucks. Maybe you should try and confront your boss about it. He needs to try and teach his son that work is harder than he thinks.

Comments

I know the feels -.-" I work 12+ hours 6 days a week with my mom while my siblings get 4 hours or less whenever they feel like.

Don't go to your boss. Go to his higher up. See if you can get some proof about what's going on. They'll probably end up firing both or giving them a severe talking to. Since there should be a "No Retaliation" policy, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

PANDORUM89 21

honestly I'd say unfortunately I have something scheduled and will not be available. make yourself unavailable and eventually people will see that they need to be responsible for their own lives and work. You need to separate your work from your life and tell your boss that you're not open to covering for stupid reasons.

at the other end of the spectrum, my employer's daughter came to work for the family business, full of new ideas and improvements but quickly faded away due to the stress of being forced to work more than two hours a week. Her father was somehow shocked that a woman who's been treated like a princess all her life had zero work ethics.

mwali02 32

Stop answering their phone calls.

SimoneTaylor1994 15

**** him more money for you ???

Don't let them exploit you this way op. U can find something better

Weirdly enough, people do exist outside of work. You don't know whether the boss's son had a good reason not to come in, eg. he could have a mental illness, his dog could have died, etc.

As a co-worker, I don't care about nor do I have business with his private life. It is not my problem. If he isn't up to the task because of his private life, a replacement (or at least an extra colleague) should be found.