Get off your ass

By nepotwatism @ its finest - 23/09/2015 15:05 - Sweden - Halmstad

Today, my boss told me I have to start work 4 hours early tomorrow, because that my coworker, who happens to be his son, will not be coming in because he's "too tired". I work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week without complaining. His son works two 4-hour shifts a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 774
You deserved it 1 825

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you can, put your foot down. Your mental health is just as important as his lazy son's.

Gee, that sucks. Maybe you should try and confront your boss about it. He needs to try and teach his son that work is harder than he thinks.

Comments

olpally 32

Dis is some big bullshit... Wow.

TheRationalOne 11

That's because his son is a bigger pussy than the one Paris Hilton has between her legs... ???????

And what the hell gives you the right to say that? You don't know what goes in the life of the son. That's a problem in society today, if you aren't obsessed with working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week you're accused of being "lazy" and you're worthless and pointless. You should be able to enjoy your life and do what makes you happy, not what society expects of you. I don't find wasting 40 odd years of your life doing a job you may hate a good use of your time, I really don't. People forget to enjoy their lives these days, they are just like drones, going through the same routine every single day even if they hate it. God I wish money hadn't been invented.

Sandman2015 12

Then I guess you'll be leaving four hours early that day.

Okay, so I recommend you to speak to your boss. A general rule is that they're not allowed to change the schedule less than two weeks in advance. You should also get at least eleven hours of uninterrupted rest during a twenty four hours period, and it seems like that might not be the case if you have to work for fourteen hours tomorrow. A trade union might be a good idea to join, too, if you haven't already.

but then again, you picked the job.... ʕ•ﻌ•ʔ

he probably makes the same as you as well...

If I read this right you are from Sweden where they protect workers' right. You signed a contract for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. You have rights which your employer is bound by law ;) good luck. You can win this

well maybe he has school, from experience when you're a full time student and work at the same time even if it is only twice a week it's still very tirering.