Freaked out

By anomynous - 05/04/2021 05:00

Today, my workplace replaced all of the toilets in the store with automatic toilets. I have an anxiety disorder, and I can't use them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 769
You deserved it 356

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're scared of a toilet I'm surprised you even have a job.

Comments

I'm sorry OP. I hope you conquer your anxiety. Do meds like zoloft help? Maybe try being creative and imagine the toilet being scared of you.

This is a new one. I've never known anyone to have anxiety so bad they panic when the toilet flushes unexpectedly. I don't know if it's just been my own personal experiences, but I've yet to accidentally flush an automatic toilet. It usually doesn't happen until I've passed my hand over the sensor at a pretty close distance. But again, that may just be me.

I had this sort of anxiety when I was younger. Even on long road trips if I came across automatic toilets, I would hold it until we went somewhere with a manual flush. Took me around 10 or so years to get over it. I usually try and opt for the toilet-paper-over-the-sensor option now if I have to. My anxiety surrounding it still exists but it isn't as severe.

Annies 17

In my case, automatic toilets don’t flush. At all. Even when I kick them repeatedly.

If you're scared of a toilet I'm surprised you even have a job.