Foot in mouth

By emix - 17/06/2009 22:08 - United States

Today, I was dropping my new boyfriend off at his house. I'd never been there before, so he was giving me directions as I drove. We passed a small trailer home on the right. Without thinking, I said, "I'm so glad I don't live in a house like that." My boyfriend told me to turn right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 158
You deserved it 67 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you ended up dumping him because of the house he lives in, then you're a bitch.... Not saying you are though, just making a presumption.

LysssNysss 1

It seems like every fml is the same. "Today, I said something without thinking. FML"

Comments

Just tell him you were just joking. Guys are not easily upset, don't sorry. 

asswipe. you managed to piss your boyfriend and another random stranger (#7) in such a short period of time. you deserve an award.

I think a small trailer is better than a big empty heart.

#43, guys are all different and when you suggest that where a guy is living is not good enough for you (assuming it's not a Dickensian-style tragedy) then you cross a line you may not be aware you crossed, but you crossed it and he knows it, and he may not mention it, but it will 'inform' his opinion of you. And if he thought she was remarking on his financial status and suggesting it was too low-rent to be graced by her amazing personage (though she didn't know it was his) then he might begin to wonder if her interest in him extends only to his ability to produce money, semen, and trips to Home Depot and her mother's house on the weekend while quieting the voice in her head (and possibly her mother's head) that she's still young enough to have babies but hasn't got a financially-stable semen supplier yet.

I have to wonder how old he is, and how old you are. His trailer may be bought and paid for. You might be living in Daddy's McMansion that's up for foreclosure in a few months. Not enough information, but at least now he knows you're shallow.