Foot in mouth

By emix - 17/06/2009 22:08 - United States

Today, I was dropping my new boyfriend off at his house. I'd never been there before, so he was giving me directions as I drove. We passed a small trailer home on the right. Without thinking, I said, "I'm so glad I don't live in a house like that." My boyfriend told me to turn right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 158
You deserved it 67 128

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you ended up dumping him because of the house he lives in, then you're a bitch.... Not saying you are though, just making a presumption.

LysssNysss 1

It seems like every fml is the same. "Today, I said something without thinking. FML"

Comments

Oh are you too good for trailer trash?

I've known my share of people who lived in trailers, one was a guy I dated. They can be quite nice if well taken care of. Nicer than some homes that I've been in. A trailer may not be most people's "dream home" (unless you consider the millions worldwide who have no home at all), but they aren't too bad. Apparently you're a bit too young to understand the multitude of reasons why a person may not have the funds to purchase a solid foundation house. Also too young to realize that this does not make them an inferior human being. The people I've met who lived in trailers were far from "rags", just had more pressing matters to spend their money on before they could upgrade their homes. Children, medical bills, you know, real life. He lives in the trailer, but her attitude is the trash.

You should have just kept driving and say you missed it, and suddenly your phone dies on him.

WRONG, all that matters is how much shit he buys her way to be a shallow bitch OP, i kinda hope he dumped you

34 she couldn't have done that bc she was driving the boyfriend home, she wasn't on the phone with him.

Jimbo2000 0

Who cares if he lives in a trailer home. as long as he treats you right, that's all that's matters.

Yeah, woww, that was quite a snobbish comment. Here's to awkward moments in the future! Unless he dumped your ass. Lol, #11

bollywood_rocks 0

what are you? 10? There'll come a time when you stop living off mommy and daddy. Then you may hopefully understand why people live in a trailer(they have more pressing things to do with their money). Spoilt brat.

bollywood_rocks 0

I do. A friend of mine in his 40s moved with his girlfriend into a trailer from a house. Why? His bitch of an ex-wife cleaned him out in court and since the bitch also took the house (after about 5 years since the divorce)he and the girlfriend lived in, they had to move into a trailer. Sad thing is he STILL has to pay on the house and for the trailer. I can always give you his phone number if you want to verify this story.

You're stupid. I meant voluntarily, not because they could no longer finance a house.

they asked if anyone who could AFFORD a house would be willing...Not someone whose circumstances dictate. It seems as if the person in your story HAS to live in a trailer, thus didn't have a choice. I don't know anybody who'd prefer to live in a trailer. Honestly. And I'm not prejudiced, I just feel sorry for people who have to.

xsw33tyx101 0

I agree with you, I'm glad I don't and its gross... I would've never spent time w/ him @ his house thats for sure

Punkpoptart1119 20

Wow. Way to be superficial. At least people who live in trailers aren't in so much debt that they can't see straight. And at least people that live in trailers know how to actually work for what they have and not expect to have everything handed to them..unlike you..bitch

hanic101 0

Guys she never said she was disgusted by the trailer. All she said was she didn't want to live in a trailer. No need to call her a bitch she was probably just trying to make convo. Personally it's not my dream to live in a trailer. OP- that really isn't that bad just say I I'm sorry it's a nice trailer and everything is fixed.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Nobody's "dream" is to live in a trailer. And if it is, who gives a shit? I don't live in a trailer, but I did till I was 16 and I'm sick of people being rude. I was judged all the time because I had a small house, even though that shouldn't matter at all. OP better hope she never goes through hard times, or she might have to live in a trailer. Living in a trailer doesn't make you trailer trash.

Hahah, #7. But yeah, something like that has happened to me, it does hurt DX

That's gotta be awkward. I wanna know what happened next though - whether he dumped you or just got over it. Where someone lives doesn't make them a better or worse person, it's who they are that's important. Next time, don't be so judgemental. How can you say you're glad you don't live in a house like that, if you've never lived in a trailer home? Sure, maybe it's not perfect but it's his home.