Encouragement

By peallow - 12/05/2013 05:01 - Puerto Rico - San Juan

Today, I asked my father if he was proud that I have never done drugs, never drank alcohol, never had sex, never had psychological problems, never been to the hospital for something serious, never been in a fight and maintain good grades. He told me I was a boring daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 135
You deserved it 20 319

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ApollosMyth 22

Well, fishing for compliments never turns out as you hoped, does it?

Well you can rest easy knowing that the FML community are proud of you. Good work!

Comments

upallnight11 19

Just be proud of yourself. Your father sounds a bit ungrateful for having such a disciplined daughter.

Well, you can always join the army if you want. Or a MMA gym, at least.

hellox3howlow 17

Just because you haven't done any of those things doesn't make you a better person than anyone else. I'm sure he's proud of you, though.

It does too make her better than some people. I would never trust a meth-addicted prostitute over someone who's clean in every aspect.

Coeliacchic93 21

@50 yes obviously but it doesn't make her any better than some who is clean but physically and mentally ill.

It doesn't make you better. It makes you feel superior. BIG DIFFERENCE. I wouldn't trust a methhead ***** either. But who am I to say said prossie isn't a good person? Sometimes good people get themselves into bad situations and can't get out of them.

Emily062611 6

Well yes, some people get into bad situations but it's something to be proud of if you don't get into those situations. I don't necessarily think it makes you a better person to be "good", but I would argue it is something to be proud of.

I don't understand why he would be proud of you for not having to go to the hospital or having a psychological problem? You can't help being ill or injured, or having psychological problems. Also (depending on your age) safe sex is just as acceptable as being a virgin. I just hope this is the way you want to live your life, and not desperation to win your father's approval because he doesn't take much interest in you.

That is pretty ****** boring . No offence

Not having psychological problems is nothing to be proud of. It is outside of your control. If anything, your parents can be proud of that one, passing on good mental genes and all. Do be glad about it, just not proud.

Not having psychological problems doesn't make you a good daughter. Nor does the fact you've never been to the hospital for anything serious. Sorry your father is a dick, but if you go around thinking people are bad just because they have issues then perhaps you aren't as good as you think you are.

I was going to write the same thing, but you beat me to it. "I'm SO proud of you for never being depressed!" - That's not something to be PROUD of. Happy maybe, but not proud.

AgedashiDofu 5

I also wanted to say the same thing. Nobody decides to have a mental illness nor should anyone be proud of someone who doesn't have any psychological damage. I'm really disappointed in people who don't understand this.

Why would he be proud of you for never being to the hospital for something serious? If you have cancer and need surgery that's hardly your fault and he wouldn't be less proud of you (I hope…)

I think that "something serious" in her mind is alcohol poisoning, breaking her pelvis after falling off a roof while drunk, retrieving a lost gerbil from parts unknown... that sort of thing

35- what's not fun about them? You get to welcome them to the dark side and then they become freaks.