Encouragement

By peallow - 12/05/2013 05:01 - Puerto Rico - San Juan

Today, I asked my father if he was proud that I have never done drugs, never drank alcohol, never had sex, never had psychological problems, never been to the hospital for something serious, never been in a fight and maintain good grades. He told me I was a boring daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 135
You deserved it 20 319

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ApollosMyth 22

Well, fishing for compliments never turns out as you hoped, does it?

Well you can rest easy knowing that the FML community are proud of you. Good work!

Comments

titibug823 11

Im pretty much the same, except I have drank alcohol. I did try smoking mary jane once, not for me. But I'm positive you aren't boring. Your dad should be proud of you!

perdix 29

You don't drink, don't smoke -- what do you do? *Subtle innuendoes follow.* Must be something inside.

I just had a flash back to my yester-years, now that damn song is stuck in my head.

olpally 32

67, I think #30 was just surprised at the fact op has never had sex, he obviously read the post... He was just surprised by it. He asked a Rhetorical question which needs no answer. "Never had sex? Like OMG!!" Probably what 30 was thinking.

True but I think 67 was saying that it wasn't anything to be too surprised at - as in nothing to be ashamed of.

It's not like being a virgin is anything to be ashamed of.

I love how you defend ppl.. That's sweet of you. " like OMG!" .. Ur funny

Boring daughter? More like the perfect daughter. Im sure he is proud of you secretly.

Kimmy___888 8

You sound really conceited.

perdix 29

#17, I think Item #3 on the list would preclude her from being the "perfect" girlfriend.

meganroisin 1

YDI for sounding so smug about yourself.

Depends if you want a freak or an untouched virgin..... Don't see the fun in a virgin.

mybarra6 17

Way to go! Batman is proud of such an outstanding citizen like you! Your father, not so much.

I don't know...Batman spends a lot of his time hanging around people with mental illnesses and also likes putting people in hospital. He'd probably find the OP boring too. :D

pichu172b 7

Batman just wishes he had a dad. Be grateful OP.

sammyjanette 17

I don't get the hospital one. How could you possibly control that? Would it be your fault, and would it make you a bad daughter if you suddenly became very ill? Other than that keep up the good work.

I'm hoping OP meant they hadn't needed to go to hospital for "anything serious" like crashing a car through speeding or getting drunk and needing her stomach pumped. Because if she's referring to any illness or injury, then that's just mean-spirited. I'm sure her dad is GRATEFUL she's never been in hospital or never had a mental illness, but it's not something to be "proud" of because it's not something that a person can prevent.