Encouragement

By peallow - 12/05/2013 05:01 - Puerto Rico - San Juan

Today, I asked my father if he was proud that I have never done drugs, never drank alcohol, never had sex, never had psychological problems, never been to the hospital for something serious, never been in a fight and maintain good grades. He told me I was a boring daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 135
You deserved it 20 319

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ApollosMyth 22

Well, fishing for compliments never turns out as you hoped, does it?

Well you can rest easy knowing that the FML community are proud of you. Good work!

Comments

Having psychological problems is not something that you choose like choosing to get involved in a fight or choosing not to study for a test. Same with going to the hospital in many cases. Shame on you for implying that and for fishing for compliments. Let your self-worth come from yourself. YDI.

Don't fish for compliments. Problem solved.

Do any of those things really make you a bad person anyways? You seem to be rather fickle minded OP

Psychological problems are not your fault...

No NA, AA, MD.s, look at these? No THC, ADD, STDs just A's and B's?

PiNkMoOn 9

same for me.he's like want me to be a crimenal

But that's a good thing...don't worry about it...ask your mother she'll probably be proud...

LulusLemon 8

I doubt you've never done drugs. something as simple as caffeine in a coffee or an energy drink is considered a drug. I think you mean "I've never done any illegal drugs that are 'bad drugs' because my society defines them as illegal and therefore bad." you're not a good girl you're just a product of your society's expectations as to what defines a 'good girl that makes her parents proud'. And yes, that is boring.

honestly that does seem quite boring... its a good thing u never did those things, but its also those things that are necessary for someone to become an adult and gain life experience. You may make mistakes by doing those things, but its the mistakes that shape who we are.

i think you are awesome, dont let your dad get you down!