Drunk with power

By fannylover - 18/02/2010 20:12 - United States

Today, I finished my classwork and my homework early. Since we weren't allowed to leave the room, I decided to draw. My teacher noticed and gave me detention for "goofing off" when I should be doing my work. When I told the teacher I was already done, they gave me a second detention for "attempting to defy them". FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 098
You deserved it 3 022

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have told her to suck your dick for a 3rd one.

texas_justice 0

...somethings never change. a teacher in the classroom is like Joesph Stalin. if you stand up to him/her, you will disappear.

Comments

Fyl op it sucks to have insane teachers. One time my sixth grade math teach gave me a detention for calling someone stupid. And this someone WAS REALLY DUMB. She didn't know her order of operations!

Sorry, dsrs3777, but simply because it's colloquially used doesn't make it grammatically correct. That's the only point ^that guy^ actually had. "They" cannot correctly be used as a singular pronoun. Using "he," "she," or "he or she" (when the gender is unknown) is grammatically correct.

zomgkatie 0

I am a teacher. OP, I'd like to tell you that this is absolutely inexcusable. You should definitely fight your teacher on this. If you're finished with all your work and you're not being disruptive, he or she has no right to give you detention. Not all teachers are d-bags. Some just happen to be on a never-ending power trip. They don't belong in schools in the first place.

CyclonePsycho 1

Actually, that's highly debated. Sometimes, if the gender is not specified, the default is "he". "They" is usually considered informal, but sometimes shows up on formal documents. Personally, I use "s/he" because "they" sounds wrong and "he" is misleading. In this instance, I wonder why the OP didn't simply specify the gender. Unless it's impossible to figure out the teacher's sex, that's just odd.