By planking champion - 17/10/2011 22:05 - United States

Today, I was given an entire week of detention for planking on my school desk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 091
You deserved it 80 354

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

If you wood have been doing something more productive, I'd have more sympathy. You straight up deserved this one. Were you really that board? Go nail someone.

No, owling can **** off along with planking

ducttapewallet 7

Me and my friends were talking about planking today an I almost planked on some desks:p

I dont know wut planking is... But im scared to find out now...

It's stupidity and being an attention ***** at its finest.

ducttapewallet 7

I thought I would add that the Internet meme "planking" originated as an exercise that tuned the muscles by supporting the body by leaving your body strait, and using one arm to hold yourself at an angle. Then teh internets maed it soh u just layed down wiht ur bahdi strait and most of teh tiem it's not strenuous.

you were supposed to do it on the teachers desk

fml8396 0

Hey you there! Planking is fun and maybe you chould try it some time!

I personally love coning because the ice cream Guy reaction is always awesome but I have planked a couple times it is stupid yet it is sort of fun

Anything ending with -ing should probably start hiding. Oh shit, I said ending. And hiding. Don't murder me pl0x

125- Uhh... "You" are apparently too lazy to type two extra letters. Don't knock me when you're not even going to spell "you" all the way out.

157- You need to place a comma after the word "write"

Unless you need to learn to write "dumbass" Could come in handy, but seems to have limited application

Streeet_hayley 6
jessica53354 0

Have you guys heard of bat-manning

Fun? You're writing over someone's property, how would you like it if someone wrote over your things

RouletteRed 6

I planked across the top of my bus's seats. That was fun =)

259, I didn't. You want to know why? Because I'm normal. Personally, planking, coning, pillaring and whatever else *ing people are trying are not things you should boast about having done.

I think the detention slip would have read for interrupting the class not planking YDI

y'all heard of tea cuping? correct my spelling if you must but keep in mind that im dyslexic.

The same people who still enjoy Rick Rollin' are the ones who plank today.

Duh! Everybody goes ghosting now! If you don't get it YouTube it. You'll understand its glory

Bulzye 2

Naw, man, people be creepin'.

In P.E I have to plank... Seriously, they call it an exercise.

151 - is that a lonely island reference? If so you win.

FreshlyCut, challenge accepted. (texts 509 995 5325)

These idiots have ruined the spirit of planking.. The original concept was to climb to or some how reach a place that no one else has or could and then take a picture of yourself planking there. Otherwise you just look like a jackass, which is probably why the OP got a detention.

Hannahrayne 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You must have alot of stupid idols then #3. Do you ****** over people that go owling too?

robc32ca 4

I think / hope that's sarcasm

WeAreAHurricane 14

Is that after or before snooki from jersey shore?

missamazinggg 12

What is this generation coming to?

Dont hate if people want to plank who gives a shit? I dont do it personally but i dont know how it affects people so much.

ColCyclone 17

160 - You need a period at the end of your sentence.

bfsd42 20

Planking... just... WTF. Who starts these stupid shit fads. I honestly think people are in a deep underground lab thinking of things to make people think they're cool, but they instead look like they're mentally unstable.

#3, Just stop talking, just stop talking.

pfx2_fml 15

Anyone who thinks planking is cool can go plank in the middle of the ******* freeway

Dude died from planking... Not smart idea

punkin_26 16

160 apparently couldn't find anything else to say about this. He should go take a look at 92's comment. Would probably kill him. As for OP-I haven't finished reading all the other post yet so I can't say too much. Don't want to be a copy cat. But I do agree, YDI-planking is stupid.

It's stupid and annoying. Imagine trying to enjoy the view and who knows? Someone might be planking on a tree ._.

And I wish people could read a joke when they see it D:

Shut the **** up, dumbass.. You Are An Idiot! And JESUS KNOWS IT!

The only time planking was awesome was when the people on the office did it

Sure, it wasn't the brightest thing to do, but a week of detention?

Ok first of all, 160 did put a period at the end of his sentence you blind moron. Secondly, why the hell does it matter Mr. Grammar Cop? Does it really get to you and piss you off that much? All grammar Nazis like you are just a bunch of no-life morons. Get a life PS: how do you like me not putting a period after "Get a life?" are you going to arrest me for it flatfoot grammar pig? Hah retard

Planking is pointless. Who came up with that crap?

Planking is how the dead bodies of the slaves were laid at the bottom of the slave ships.

jess_c87 4

The type of people who get detention for planking on their desks.

ducttapewallet 7

Planking originated as an exercise. Look it up if you'd like. That's just what it started as, I'm not justifying someone being stupid enough to transform it from an exercise to being a ******* retard, but...

I personally like to break into people's homes and throw glitter on everything. :D

Life_sucks_13 6

Someone who has no life? Idk but one of these days, if it hasn't happened already someone is going to get SERIOUSLY hurt. These girls were doing it on the backs of the couches in the lobby of the hotel once. Girl almost fell off and cracked her head on the marble floor.

wiccankitteh 3

#46, the dead bodies of slaves were thrown overboard.

167: planking has already been the cause of death of this dude in Australia. Nutter planked on the balcony railing. Of a building. And fell off. And died. Mmhm.

It's simple. Step 1: Come up with stupid idea. Step 2: Talk to others about stupid idea as though it were already famous and embraced by a whole lot of people. Step 3: People execute and discuss said idea on the assumption it's a big, well-known, popular new thing. Step 4: Stupid idea actually becomes popular and self-perpetuates. It's more or less exactly how Paris Hilton became famous, except with **** instead of conversation. It's also how Hulk Hogan levered up his popularity, although I'm a lot more forgiving of the Hulkster personally.

its actually considered an exercise depending on how u do it

Idiots here came up with the brilliant idea to plank on top of a car and go through the drive thru....... Stupid, stupid, stupid people... And I have to live with this..... **** MY life!

perdix 29

I knew a guy who was sent to a mental institution for the rest of the school year for "planking" on his desk. Planking means masturbating, right? I'm too lazy to go to UrbanDictionary.com.

nuggin0917 1

.......i highly suggest you take the time to go to urban dictionary.......

Dear God perdix, it's when you lay flat on top of something and someone takes a picture of you. I'd expect you to know that!

It's when you lie completely straight, horizontally in random places an have someone take a picture. It's pointless.

Uh 23, I think he might actually know what planking is...

every1luvsboners 11

Pretty sure that he was making a joke, dipshits. Perdix = trolling tards for the win.

Don't call me a dipshit. Not a smart idea, asshole.

perdix 29

Thanks, boners, it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Morons! It would be easier to Google "planking" than to write the whole sentence about UD. I did know a kid who put his dick on a desk in the middle of class and wrote on it with a pen.

Gee, maybe I was trying to be NICE, asshole. You should try it sometime.

saIty 17

Oh WOW, how hilarious and original you are. Stfu.

Persecuted? Persecuted. Wow. Read my other comment, asshole.

For a quick sec there I considered the fact that planking might actually mean masturbating. FMLs like these show how unhip I am to teenage oddities and dickweed foolery.

Looks like some people were too lazy to look up the word sarcasm

Lynzwood 0

#32. Awesome sauce is what that is!!!

I see no one here knows what sarcasm is...

I see no one here knows what sarcasm is... My greatest apologies perdix.

punkin_26 16

In 24's defense I think they did get the sarcasm and responded with their own witty attempt at the skill. I call it a skill because it requires a higher level of intelligence to understand it and master the ability to use it.

I dare not question what you enjoy doing in your spare time if you consider "planking" an "epic win."

That's what I first thought. Oh wait I thought you meant EPIC FAIL!!!

YDI. Should have planked something worth planking if you were going to. Retard.

lexex1 4

How about just not planking at all coz it's ******* pointless and stupid.

Appeal it! It's freedom of expression!

I'm sorry but planking is really stupid. Disagree I don't care.

thatguy326 0

Ur hot and awesome....wanna ****? Lol

It's when you lay face down completely straight on something. It's retarded.