Draining

By grlzze444 - 16/11/2010 00:19 - United States

Today, my swim coach had me swim a 400 meter freestyle. Feeling a little sick near the end, I lifted my head to breathe, then burped, and threw up violently all in the pool. All my team mates screamed horrified running out of the pool, and now they have to drain it. I was told not to come back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 475
You deserved it 4 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hmmm.....I can't really tell who's at fault here. Sure, the darling felt sick, but if the coach wouldn't let them stop....hmmm.... this is one where I just cannot vote on it without more details.

Back in my day the warm ups were over 9000! And that was upstream both ways including a 40 foot waterfall in -30 degree weather. Let me tell you, you young people have it easy! I'd like to see you swimming through a layer of ice. I'll not even mention fighting off the piranha and crocodiles!

Comments

OP, what is really sad here is that you won't get the last piece of pie because you threw up first.

Ehh I'm surprised they threw you out, most hard work outs end up with the athletes vomiting. My friend who was in swim team said it wasn't a good work out if they didn't puke at the end.

Did your coach mean not to come back for a few days or ever?

Did anyone think that OP was sick BEFORE practice? Maybe they went to practice because they're dedicated to swimming and didn't want to miss a practice. And then they violently puked. :-/

I'm a swimmer, a 400 free isn't that bad, try the 800 or 1500. Btw what did you go?

poniesarethebomb 0

that is not super bad just join another swimteam. on my swim team our warm ups are 700's dude. ur lucky.

poniesarethebomb 0

I have to do normally a 600 then 700 then 500 for warm ups.

thisgirl2u 9

Ok, so where is everyone getting the idea that OP ate before swimming?? where in the post does it say he ate a large meal before swimming? I'm just not seeing it anywhere. And further more why are people assuming he vomited from having to swim so far, he merely states that he started to feel ill, he does not say from exhaustion.. Or maybe I'm just missing several crucial key points in the reading.

thisgirl2u 9

Damn, OP is a girl.. Ugh.. So this is me correcting myself thank you very much please exchange all He's for She's

iamgoofymovie 0

okay u don't drain pools when u puke in them you shock it with high levels of chlorine retard

400 is like nothing. nothing. try that doing fly. and try 4 of those.